Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
Rio 2016: Egypt beat Cuba to record their first-ever Olympic win in volleyball
This marked Egypt’s 17th game in the history of the Olympics games, in which they lost the previous 16 games, before managing to record their first ever win in their fourth participation in the Olympics.
The Egyptians beat the Cubans in 66 minutes, winning the first and second sets, 25-22 and 25-15, respectively, before securing the victory with a 25-22 win in the final set.
This win is expected to give the Pharaohs a boost ahead of their upcoming game against Russia.
Egypt now are tied with Russia in the fourth place on three points, two points away from Poland on second place and three away from leaders Argentina, who collected maximum points.
Egypt were drawn in a tough group along with Argentina, Cuba, Iran, Russia and Poland who defeated the Pharaohs in the opening game.