Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Rio 2016: Egypt beat Cuba to record their first-ever Olympic win in volleyball
This marked Egypt’s 17th game in the history of the Olympics games, in which they lost the previous 16 games, before managing to record their first ever win in their fourth participation in the Olympics.
The Egyptians beat the Cubans in 66 minutes, winning the first and second sets, 25-22 and 25-15, respectively, before securing the victory with a 25-22 win in the final set.
This win is expected to give the Pharaohs a boost ahead of their upcoming game against Russia.
Egypt now are tied with Russia in the fourth place on three points, two points away from Poland on second place and three away from leaders Argentina, who collected maximum points.
Egypt were drawn in a tough group along with Argentina, Cuba, Iran, Russia and Poland who defeated the Pharaohs in the opening game.