Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Rio 2016: Egypt beat Cuba to record their first-ever Olympic win in volleyball
This marked Egypt’s 17th game in the history of the Olympics games, in which they lost the previous 16 games, before managing to record their first ever win in their fourth participation in the Olympics.
The Egyptians beat the Cubans in 66 minutes, winning the first and second sets, 25-22 and 25-15, respectively, before securing the victory with a 25-22 win in the final set.
This win is expected to give the Pharaohs a boost ahead of their upcoming game against Russia.
Egypt now are tied with Russia in the fourth place on three points, two points away from Poland on second place and three away from leaders Argentina, who collected maximum points.
Egypt were drawn in a tough group along with Argentina, Cuba, Iran, Russia and Poland who defeated the Pharaohs in the opening game.