Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Rio 2016: Egypt beat Cuba to record their first-ever Olympic win in volleyball
This marked Egypt’s 17th game in the history of the Olympics games, in which they lost the previous 16 games, before managing to record their first ever win in their fourth participation in the Olympics.
The Egyptians beat the Cubans in 66 minutes, winning the first and second sets, 25-22 and 25-15, respectively, before securing the victory with a 25-22 win in the final set.
This win is expected to give the Pharaohs a boost ahead of their upcoming game against Russia.
Egypt now are tied with Russia in the fourth place on three points, two points away from Poland on second place and three away from leaders Argentina, who collected maximum points.
Egypt were drawn in a tough group along with Argentina, Cuba, Iran, Russia and Poland who defeated the Pharaohs in the opening game.