Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Rio 2016: Egypt beat Cuba to record their first-ever Olympic win in volleyball
This marked Egypt’s 17th game in the history of the Olympics games, in which they lost the previous 16 games, before managing to record their first ever win in their fourth participation in the Olympics.
The Egyptians beat the Cubans in 66 minutes, winning the first and second sets, 25-22 and 25-15, respectively, before securing the victory with a 25-22 win in the final set.
This win is expected to give the Pharaohs a boost ahead of their upcoming game against Russia.
Egypt now are tied with Russia in the fourth place on three points, two points away from Poland on second place and three away from leaders Argentina, who collected maximum points.
Egypt were drawn in a tough group along with Argentina, Cuba, Iran, Russia and Poland who defeated the Pharaohs in the opening game.