Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egypt denied WSF World Juniors Squash finals clean sweep
Egyptians qualified for three of the four final places of the WSF World Juniors Squash Championships in the girls and boys competitions. The dominant Egyptians still had 2 losing semi-finalists.
Nouran Gohar, who is the defending champion, became the first finalist of the day. The 18 year old defeated Sivasangari Subramaniam, of Malaysia, in all three games to proceed. She won 11/4, 11/6 and 11/5 to ensure an all-Egypt girls final.
The second semi-final was contested between Egyptians, Hania El Hammamy and Rowan El Araby. El Araby, 16, also won in straight games to reach the final. She rallied back in all three games to win 11/8, 11/4 and 11/7.
In the boys tournament, top seed Saadeldin Abouaish beat Pakistan’s Israr Ahmed to reach the final. He won the last two games 11/6 and 11/7 after losing the second 5/11. He had won the first game 11/5. Hopes of an Egyptian WSF World Juniors final sweep were dashed in the second boys semi-final.
Malaysian Eain Yow Ng defeated Youssef Ibrahim 13/11, 12/10, 6/11, 11/8 in a dramatic semi-final to make the final. Ng and Saadeldin, who meet in the final, were losing semifinalists in 2015.
The WSF World Juniors Squash Championship is running from August 6th to 17th, 2016 in Bielsko-Biala, Poland.