Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Rio 2016: Egyptian boxer Hossam Bakr advances to last 16
Egyptian boxer Hossam Bakr advanced to the round of 16 of Men’s 75kg category after a convincing performance against Merven Clair of Mauritius at the Rio Olympics.
The Egyptian boxer won all three rounds and showed real intent early on to take the first two rounds with little offense from the struggling Clair. The third round was somewhat even; however, the Egyptian weathered the storm to advance to the last 16 of the competition.
The 30-year-old will face Cameroon’s Dieudonne Seyi on Thursday. The Cameroonian defeated Colombia’s Jorge Palacios in the round of 32.
Bakr will be hoping to bring home the first Olympic medal for an Egyptian in the boxing competition since the 2004 Olympics in Athens, in which both Mohamed Elsayed and Ahmed Ismail captured bronze in the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight divisions, respectively.