Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Basel, Zamalek join race to sign ENPPI’s Akram Tawfik
The Swiss side are looking to secure the signing of the player before immediately sending him back to ENPPI on a one-year loan due to squad size limitations.
Akram, who is the younger brother of Zamalek midfielder Ahmed Tawfik and Tala’a El-Geish player Abdel-Aziz Tawfik, has attracted a host of clubs, and was close to completing his move to Cairo giants Al Ahly, who have previously submitted an offer of EGP 7 million to ENPPI in order to acquire the services of the player.
Al Ahly’s hopes of signing Akram could be threatened by Zamalek as well who have also joined the race to sign the 18-year-old midfielder, submitting an EGP 8 million bid for the player.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour was at the headquarters of the petroleum club on Thursday to discuss possibility of signing Akram, according to KingFut sources.
The ENPPI midfielder spoke in July about his dream to play in Europe, saying that he wants to follow in the footsteps of his compatriots Mohamed Salah and Mohamed Elneny. The duo started their European careers at Basel before moving on to Europe’s top leagues.