Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mohamed Ihab wins bronze medal in weightlifting
The Egyptian weightlifter managed a personal best of 165kg in the snatch section, before lifting 196kg – 5kg less than his personal best in 2015 – in the clean-and-jerk to finish with a total of 361kg.
China’s Xiaojun Lyu managed a total of 379kg to finish in second place, setting a new snatch world record in the process.
Nijat Rahimov also finished with 379kg – winning due to his lesser body weight – to clinch the gold medal, after setting a new clean-and-jerk world record of 214kg, to make up for a 12kg deficit in the snatch category.
Ihab also won silver at the 2015 World Weightlifting Championships in Houston, Texas while competing in the same class.
Egyptian Ibrahim Ramadan finished in 9th place, managing 152kg in snatch and 186kg in clean-and-jerk for a total of 338kg.
Scroll through the photos below to see Ihab in action during the finals: