KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Mohamed Ihab wins bronze medal in weightlifting
Mohamed Ihab finished third in the 77kg weightlifting finals to clinch Egypt’s second medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Egyptian weightlifter managed a personal best of 165kg in the snatch section, before lifting 196kg – 5kg less than his personal best in 2015 – in the clean-and-jerk to finish with a total of 361kg.
China’s Xiaojun Lyu managed a total of 379kg to finish in second place, setting a new snatch world record in the process.
Nijat Rahimov also finished with 379kg – winning due to his lesser body weight – to clinch the gold medal, after setting a new clean-and-jerk world record of 214kg, to make up for a 12kg deficit in the snatch category.
Ihab also won silver at the 2015 World Weightlifting Championships in Houston, Texas while competing in the same class.
Egyptian Ibrahim Ramadan finished in 9th place, managing 152kg in snatch and 186kg in clean-and-jerk for a total of 338kg.
Scroll through the photos below to see Ihab in action during the finals: