Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Mohamed Ihab wins bronze medal in weightlifting
The Egyptian weightlifter managed a personal best of 165kg in the snatch section, before lifting 196kg – 5kg less than his personal best in 2015 – in the clean-and-jerk to finish with a total of 361kg.
China’s Xiaojun Lyu managed a total of 379kg to finish in second place, setting a new snatch world record in the process.
Nijat Rahimov also finished with 379kg – winning due to his lesser body weight – to clinch the gold medal, after setting a new clean-and-jerk world record of 214kg, to make up for a 12kg deficit in the snatch category.
Ihab also won silver at the 2015 World Weightlifting Championships in Houston, Texas while competing in the same class.
Egyptian Ibrahim Ramadan finished in 9th place, managing 152kg in snatch and 186kg in clean-and-jerk for a total of 338kg.
Scroll through the photos below to see Ihab in action during the finals: