Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Mohamed Salah features in AS Roma’s final preseason match
Mohamed Salah came on as a second half sub in AS Roma’s final preseason game that ended in a narrow win over Serie B side, Latina.
Spalletti fielded his new signings as Roma played Serie B team, US Latina. This was Giallorossi’s final preseason fixture ahead of their Champions League Playoff match against FC Porto.
It took the strong Roma line-up plenty of time to establish control of the match against their lower tier opponents. They were fortunate enough to score with their first chance. New signing, Federico Fazio rose unchallenged in the 10th minute to head in a Francesco Totti corner.
With this goal, the Italian capital club took charge of the game. More chances fell through for the likes of Perotti and Nainggolan but they couldn’t finish them. But the closest chance of the first half fell to Totti but the forward failed to score from 12 yards out.
AS Roma continued missing chances in the second half, forcing Spalletti to make several changes to the team. De Rossi, Strootman, El Sharawy and Mohamed Salah were among those who came in. Salah’s effect was felt immediately. The Egyptian star got in behind Latina’s defence and set up Strootman; whose effort was saved.
No other goal came through for the completely dominant Roma side. The 1-0 win thus ended their preseason on a positive note as they prepare to face FC Porto on August 17th, 2016.