Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Mohamed Salah features in AS Roma’s final preseason match
Spalletti fielded his new signings as Roma played Serie B team, US Latina. This was Giallorossi’s final preseason fixture ahead of their Champions League Playoff match against FC Porto.
It took the strong Roma line-up plenty of time to establish control of the match against their lower tier opponents. They were fortunate enough to score with their first chance. New signing, Federico Fazio rose unchallenged in the 10th minute to head in a Francesco Totti corner.
With this goal, the Italian capital club took charge of the game. More chances fell through for the likes of Perotti and Nainggolan but they couldn’t finish them. But the closest chance of the first half fell to Totti but the forward failed to score from 12 yards out.
AS Roma continued missing chances in the second half, forcing Spalletti to make several changes to the team. De Rossi, Strootman, El Sharawy and Mohamed Salah were among those who came in. Salah’s effect was felt immediately. The Egyptian star got in behind Latina’s defence and set up Strootman; whose effort was saved.
No other goal came through for the completely dominant Roma side. The 1-0 win thus ended their preseason on a positive note as they prepare to face FC Porto on August 17th, 2016.