Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Mohamed Salah features in AS Roma’s final preseason match
Mohamed Salah came on as a second half sub in AS Roma’s final preseason game that ended in a narrow win over Serie B side, Latina.
Spalletti fielded his new signings as Roma played Serie B team, US Latina. This was Giallorossi’s final preseason fixture ahead of their Champions League Playoff match against FC Porto.
It took the strong Roma line-up plenty of time to establish control of the match against their lower tier opponents. They were fortunate enough to score with their first chance. New signing, Federico Fazio rose unchallenged in the 10th minute to head in a Francesco Totti corner.
With this goal, the Italian capital club took charge of the game. More chances fell through for the likes of Perotti and Nainggolan but they couldn’t finish them. But the closest chance of the first half fell to Totti but the forward failed to score from 12 yards out.
AS Roma continued missing chances in the second half, forcing Spalletti to make several changes to the team. De Rossi, Strootman, El Sharawy and Mohamed Salah were among those who came in. Salah’s effect was felt immediately. The Egyptian star got in behind Latina’s defence and set up Strootman; whose effort was saved.
No other goal came through for the completely dominant Roma side. The 1-0 win thus ended their preseason on a positive note as they prepare to face FC Porto on August 17th, 2016.