Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Aigbogun not pleased about CAF rescheduling Zamalek clash
2015 Nigerian champions, Enyimba, are considering filing a complaint to the CAF due to to date change of their match against Zamalek in the CAF champions league group stage match that should have been played on the 14th of August instead of the 13th of the same month.
Enyimba haven’t received any announcement of the date change according to their complaint, as some of their players won’t be available on the 13th of August due to their commitment in the La Liga All Stars game two days ago.
“It’s a real major issue for us,” Enyimba boss Aigbogun told KingFut.
“Will we request a date change to Monday? That’s in the hands of our management,” Aigbogun claimed.
The CAF previously asked Enyimba to postpone the match to Monday, the 15th of August, but Enyimba insisted to play their game as is on Sunday the 14th of August.
It is worth noting that the Enyimba camp were informed about the date change via Email upon arriving to Egypt, something which the manager confirmed.
Zamalek need just one point against Enyimba tomorrow, with the People’s Elephant needing all three to salvage any hopes of qualifying to the CAF Champions League semi-finals.
The White Knights earned a hard victory in Port-Harcourt a few weeks ago in the first round of the group stages against Enyimba.