Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Aigbogun not pleased about CAF rescheduling Zamalek clash
2015 Nigerian champions, Enyimba, are considering filing a complaint to the CAF due to to date change of their match against Zamalek in the CAF champions league group stage match that should have been played on the 14th of August instead of the 13th of the same month.
Enyimba haven’t received any announcement of the date change according to their complaint, as some of their players won’t be available on the 13th of August due to their commitment in the La Liga All Stars game two days ago.
“It’s a real major issue for us,” Enyimba boss Aigbogun told KingFut.
“Will we request a date change to Monday? That’s in the hands of our management,” Aigbogun claimed.
The CAF previously asked Enyimba to postpone the match to Monday, the 15th of August, but Enyimba insisted to play their game as is on Sunday the 14th of August.
It is worth noting that the Enyimba camp were informed about the date change via Email upon arriving to Egypt, something which the manager confirmed.
Zamalek need just one point against Enyimba tomorrow, with the People’s Elephant needing all three to salvage any hopes of qualifying to the CAF Champions League semi-finals.
The White Knights earned a hard victory in Port-Harcourt a few weeks ago in the first round of the group stages against Enyimba.