Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Martin Jol: Zesco encounter is tough for us
Ahly manager Martin Jol has talked about his team’s home match against Zesco in the group stages of the CAF Champions League saying that it will be a tough game, but his team will be ready for it as it’s their last chance for qualification to the semifinals.
The Dutch manager added that Al Ahly will enter the match with only one purpose on their mind which is to win, especially that they are targeting to reach the semifinals of the tournament.
Jol has assured that he held several talks with the players to make sure that focus is present in the game in order to win such a crucial match for the club.
Al Ahly will be looking to make up their 3-1 loss against arch rivals Zamalek in the Egypt Cup final by winning against Zesco, who managed to win 3-2 against Ahly in the opening of the group stages.
It’s worth noting that the match will be held today 12 August in Suez Stadium.