The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Martin Jol: Zesco encounter is tough for us
Ahly manager Martin Jol has talked about his team’s home match against Zesco in the group stages of the CAF Champions League saying that it will be a tough game, but his team will be ready for it as it’s their last chance for qualification to the semifinals.
The Dutch manager added that Al Ahly will enter the match with only one purpose on their mind which is to win, especially that they are targeting to reach the semifinals of the tournament.
Jol has assured that he held several talks with the players to make sure that focus is present in the game in order to win such a crucial match for the club.
Al Ahly will be looking to make up their 3-1 loss against arch rivals Zamalek in the Egypt Cup final by winning against Zesco, who managed to win 3-2 against Ahly in the opening of the group stages.
It’s worth noting that the match will be held today 12 August in Suez Stadium.