Pharaohs U-20 coach Metemed Gamal has acknowledged that every Egyptian team has...
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
Ramadan Darwish comes seventh in Judo Olympics
Egyptian Judoka Ramadan Darwish has came seventh in the Judo Olympic competitions after losing to German Karl-Richard Frey by Ippon.
Darwish has lost by Ippon against Karl-Richard Fry in the men’s Olympic 100 kg repechage game. The Egyptian had a chance of winning bronze if he had managed to win against the German.
The Egyptian managed to win by Ippon against Dominic Dugasse of Sychelles in the round of 32 and then winning again in the round of 16 against Cuba’s Jose Armenteros.
Then he lost by Ippon against eventual silver medalist Elmar Gazimov from Azerbaijan in the quarterfinals and then losing again by Ippon in the repechage game against Frey that could have seen him qualify to face Cyrille Maret for a bronze medal.
Egyptians had large hopes on Ramadan Darwish winning a medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics as he was one of KingFut’s Olympians to watch, but his quest for a medal ended in disappointment for Egyptians all.