KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Ramadan Darwish comes seventh in Judo Olympics
Egyptian Judoka Ramadan Darwish has came seventh in the Judo Olympic competitions after losing to German Karl-Richard Frey by Ippon.
Darwish has lost by Ippon against Karl-Richard Fry in the men’s Olympic 100 kg repechage game. The Egyptian had a chance of winning bronze if he had managed to win against the German.
The Egyptian managed to win by Ippon against Dominic Dugasse of Sychelles in the round of 32 and then winning again in the round of 16 against Cuba’s Jose Armenteros.
Then he lost by Ippon against eventual silver medalist Elmar Gazimov from Azerbaijan in the quarterfinals and then losing again by Ippon in the repechage game against Frey that could have seen him qualify to face Cyrille Maret for a bronze medal.
Egyptians had large hopes on Ramadan Darwish winning a medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics as he was one of KingFut’s Olympians to watch, but his quest for a medal ended in disappointment for Egyptians all.