Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Sara Ahmed: Competition was ‘fierce’, I’m delighted with the medal
Bronze medalist Sara Ahmed described the competition at the 69kg women’s weightlifting finals as ‘fierce’, and expressed her delight at finishing third in the final standings.
“The competition was far from easy; it was fierce. I managed to complete all six lifts and won a very demanding medal,” Sara Ahmed told UAE news outlet AD Sports on Thursday evening.
When quizzed about how long she had been preparing for the medal, she replied, “I have been working towards this goal for three years- I suffered a lot to achieve this.
“My mother and siblings were the first to call me and offer their congratulations after the event. I dedicate this to every Egyptian out there.
“I’m thrilled to have won this [medal]; the feeling is unbelievable, and my happiness was indescribable at the time.
The Egyptian described the stress she was under during the event: “If I had failed with any of my six attempts, I would have finished fourth. The nerves and effort were also an obstacle; I had only managed 140kg [clean-and-jerk] in training, so the 143kg I lifted today was a first for me.”