Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Sara Ahmed: Competition was ‘fierce’, I’m delighted with the medal
Bronze medalist Sara Ahmed described the competition at the 69kg women’s weightlifting finals as ‘fierce’, and expressed her delight at finishing third in the final standings.
“The competition was far from easy; it was fierce. I managed to complete all six lifts and won a very demanding medal,” Sara Ahmed told UAE news outlet AD Sports on Thursday evening.
When quizzed about how long she had been preparing for the medal, she replied, “I have been working towards this goal for three years- I suffered a lot to achieve this.
“My mother and siblings were the first to call me and offer their congratulations after the event. I dedicate this to every Egyptian out there.
“I’m thrilled to have won this [medal]; the feeling is unbelievable, and my happiness was indescribable at the time.
The Egyptian described the stress she was under during the event: “If I had failed with any of my six attempts, I would have finished fourth. The nerves and effort were also an obstacle; I had only managed 140kg [clean-and-jerk] in training, so the 143kg I lifted today was a first for me.”