Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Sara Ahmed: Competition was ‘fierce’, I’m delighted with the medal
Bronze medalist Sara Ahmed described the competition at the 69kg women’s weightlifting finals as ‘fierce’, and expressed her delight at finishing third in the final standings.
“The competition was far from easy; it was fierce. I managed to complete all six lifts and won a very demanding medal,” Sara Ahmed told UAE news outlet AD Sports on Thursday evening.
When quizzed about how long she had been preparing for the medal, she replied, “I have been working towards this goal for three years- I suffered a lot to achieve this.
“My mother and siblings were the first to call me and offer their congratulations after the event. I dedicate this to every Egyptian out there.
“I’m thrilled to have won this [medal]; the feeling is unbelievable, and my happiness was indescribable at the time.
The Egyptian described the stress she was under during the event: “If I had failed with any of my six attempts, I would have finished fourth. The nerves and effort were also an obstacle; I had only managed 140kg [clean-and-jerk] in training, so the 143kg I lifted today was a first for me.”