Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Zamalek, Enyimba clash rescheduled to Monday
This marks the second change in the game’s date, as the CAF previously informed the two clubs that the match, initially scheduled for Sunday, will be brought forward to take place on Saturday instead due to security reasons.
The Nigerian side however expressed their rejection of the rescheduling decision saying that playing the game on Saturday would be “unfair”. Enyimba said they weren’t consulted about the date change and only knew about it upon arriving in Cairo on Thursday night.
The guests’ request to play the game on Monday instead was approved by the CAF who postponed the game to August 15.
Zamalek won the reverse fixture 1-0 in Port Harcourt with Bassem Morsy scoring the sole goal in the group stage opener. The Cairo giants, who sit second in the group on three points, will only need a draw when they face Enyimba at Petrosport Stadium on Monday to secure their progression to the competition’s semi-finals.
The Nigerian side however are at the bottom of the group with zero points. An away win against Zamalek would ignite their qualification hopes, as they will then draw level on points with Zamalek – both on three points – and will still have one game in hand against Mamelodi Sundowns in the final round.