Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Rio 2016: Hossam Bakr qualifies to the quarterfinal
In the middleweight class (75kg), Egypt’s Hossam Bakr secured his spot in the quarterfinal after defeating the Cameroonian champion, Dieudonne Ntsengue, 3-0.
The Rio 2016 Olympics is Bakr’s second, after getting elimnated from the quarterfinal in Beijing and failing to qualify to the 2012 London Olympics.
Bakr has previously won the third place in the 2015 World Championship, through which he managed to qualify to the 2016 Olympics.
The 31-year-old is set to face Misael Rodriguez from Mexico in the quarterfinal, carrying high hopes of winning a third medal for the Egyptians.