KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Rio 2016: Hossam Bakr qualifies to the quarterfinal
In the middleweight class (75kg), Egypt’s Hossam Bakr secured his spot in the quarterfinal after defeating the Cameroonian champion, Dieudonne Ntsengue, 3-0.
The Rio 2016 Olympics is Bakr’s second, after getting elimnated from the quarterfinal in Beijing and failing to qualify to the 2012 London Olympics.
Bakr has previously won the third place in the 2015 World Championship, through which he managed to qualify to the 2016 Olympics.
The 31-year-old is set to face Misael Rodriguez from Mexico in the quarterfinal, carrying high hopes of winning a third medal for the Egyptians.