AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Rio 2016: Hossam Bakr qualifies to the quarterfinal
In the middleweight class (75kg), Egypt’s Hossam Bakr secured his spot in the quarterfinal after defeating the Cameroonian champion, Dieudonne Ntsengue, 3-0.
The Rio 2016 Olympics is Bakr’s second, after getting elimnated from the quarterfinal in Beijing and failing to qualify to the 2012 London Olympics.
Bakr has previously won the third place in the 2015 World Championship, through which he managed to qualify to the 2016 Olympics.
The 31-year-old is set to face Misael Rodriguez from Mexico in the quarterfinal, carrying high hopes of winning a third medal for the Egyptians.