Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egypt’s volleyball team exit Rio after loss to Argentina
After defeating Cuba 3-0, the Egyptians had a chance to cause an upset and qualify to the next round ahead of the matches against Russia, Iran, and Argentina. However, a loss against Russia and Iran meant Egypt’s volleyball team was out of the olympics.
Egypt started the match against Argentina with nothing to lease after being eliminated from the preliminary stages. The Argentines went up 14-7 in the first set and eventually won the set 25-16.
In the second set, the Argentines dominated and won the set 25-19, to lead the match 2-0. The third set was Egypt’s best set as the team took the lead for the first time in the match 16-15, but the Argentines eventually won the set 25-20 to lead the group with four wins and one loss.
Egypt had lost to Russia 3-0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-9) to make it difficult for the team to qualify to the next round. The Pharaohs were officially eliminated from the volleyball Olympic Games after their loss to the Iranian team 3-0 as well (28-26, 25-22, 25-16).