Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Egypt’s volleyball team exit Rio after loss to Argentina
After defeating Cuba 3-0, the Egyptians had a chance to cause an upset and qualify to the next round ahead of the matches against Russia, Iran, and Argentina. However, a loss against Russia and Iran meant Egypt’s volleyball team was out of the olympics.
Egypt started the match against Argentina with nothing to lease after being eliminated from the preliminary stages. The Argentines went up 14-7 in the first set and eventually won the set 25-16.
In the second set, the Argentines dominated and won the set 25-19, to lead the match 2-0. The third set was Egypt’s best set as the team took the lead for the first time in the match 16-15, but the Argentines eventually won the set 25-20 to lead the group with four wins and one loss.
Egypt had lost to Russia 3-0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-9) to make it difficult for the team to qualify to the next round. The Pharaohs were officially eliminated from the volleyball Olympic Games after their loss to the Iranian team 3-0 as well (28-26, 25-22, 25-16).