Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Egypt’s volleyball team exit Rio after loss to Argentina
After defeating Cuba 3-0, the Egyptians had a chance to cause an upset and qualify to the next round ahead of the matches against Russia, Iran, and Argentina. However, a loss against Russia and Iran meant Egypt’s volleyball team was out of the olympics.
Egypt started the match against Argentina with nothing to lease after being eliminated from the preliminary stages. The Argentines went up 14-7 in the first set and eventually won the set 25-16.
In the second set, the Argentines dominated and won the set 25-19, to lead the match 2-0. The third set was Egypt’s best set as the team took the lead for the first time in the match 16-15, but the Argentines eventually won the set 25-20 to lead the group with four wins and one loss.
Egypt had lost to Russia 3-0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-9) to make it difficult for the team to qualify to the next round. The Pharaohs were officially eliminated from the volleyball Olympic Games after their loss to the Iranian team 3-0 as well (28-26, 25-22, 25-16).