Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Egypt’s volleyball team exit Rio after loss to Argentina
After defeating Cuba 3-0, the Egyptians had a chance to cause an upset and qualify to the next round ahead of the matches against Russia, Iran, and Argentina. However, a loss against Russia and Iran meant Egypt’s volleyball team was out of the olympics.
Egypt started the match against Argentina with nothing to lease after being eliminated from the preliminary stages. The Argentines went up 14-7 in the first set and eventually won the set 25-16.
In the second set, the Argentines dominated and won the set 25-19, to lead the match 2-0. The third set was Egypt’s best set as the team took the lead for the first time in the match 16-15, but the Argentines eventually won the set 25-20 to lead the group with four wins and one loss.
Egypt had lost to Russia 3-0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-9) to make it difficult for the team to qualify to the next round. The Pharaohs were officially eliminated from the volleyball Olympic Games after their loss to the Iranian team 3-0 as well (28-26, 25-22, 25-16).