Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Egyptian trio feature as Lierse defeat Cercle Brugge
Karim Hafez, Mohammed El Gabbas, and Mostafa Galal all were in action as Lierse SK defeated Cercle Brugge at home in the Belgian First Division.
Areulien Joachim opened the scoring for Egyptian-owned Lierse in the 25th minute. Lierse doubled their lead on the stroke of half-time through a penalty by Areulien, earning him a brace and his club a 2-0 half time lead.
The 2nd half saw Galal come on in the 76th minute for Kenya’s Ajub Masika, before El Gabbas came on in the 79th minute for Dlyan De Belder, as Lierse held on to collect three points. Hafez played the full 90 minutes, picking up a yellow. The Yellow and Black clad side now sit in third place with four points from two games, as Lommel United sit in atop the league on goal difference.