Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Egyptian trio feature as Lierse defeat Cercle Brugge
Karim Hafez, Mohammed El Gabbas, and Mostafa Galal all were in action as Lierse SK defeated Cercle Brugge at home in the Belgian First Division.
Areulien Joachim opened the scoring for Egyptian-owned Lierse in the 25th minute. Lierse doubled their lead on the stroke of half-time through a penalty by Areulien, earning him a brace and his club a 2-0 half time lead.
The 2nd half saw Galal come on in the 76th minute for Kenya’s Ajub Masika, before El Gabbas came on in the 79th minute for Dlyan De Belder, as Lierse held on to collect three points. Hafez played the full 90 minutes, picking up a yellow. The Yellow and Black clad side now sit in third place with four points from two games, as Lommel United sit in atop the league on goal difference.