South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Equestrian: Karim El Zoghby Qualifies for second round
Olympic equestrian Karim El Zoghby managed to qualify for the second round of the individual jumping competition on Sunday in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janiero.
The Netherlands-based athlete along with his horse, Emilia, was able to clear all obstacles and qualify for the second qualifying round alongside 68 competitors . El Zoghby qualified after finishing in joint-first place along with 18 other athletes ranked first too.
El Zoghby, who started riding when he was six years old, is the highest ranked Egyptian show jumper in the Longines FEI World Jumping Rankings. He has competed in two Olympic Games: Beijing 2008 and London 2012.