Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
OFFICIAL: Wydad defeat ASEC Mimosas, Ahly eliminated from CAF Champions League
Al Ahly could only draw 2-2 at home to Zecso United on Friday, a result that dealt a significant blow to their hopes of qualifying for the semi-final stage of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The Red Devils’ worst fears were confirmed on Sunday evening, as Wydad Casablanca defeated ASEC Mimosas in Morocco to increase their tally to ten points.
Khadrouf gave the hosts the lead on the hour mark, before the impressive Zakri pulled ASEC back on level terms.
Heartbreak would come late for Al Ahly and ASEC fans, as Ondama scored a last-gasp winner to send the home fans into raptures.
Second-placed Zesco United have three more points than Al Ahly – eight and five points respectively – as well as the head-to-head advantage over both encounters against the Cairo-based club, which would prevent the Egyptians from overtaking them in any scenario.
It is worth noting that Zamalek can clinch progression with a draw tomorrow at home to the Nigerian club.