Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
OFFICIAL: Wydad defeat ASEC Mimosas, Ahly eliminated from CAF Champions League
Al Ahly could only draw 2-2 at home to Zecso United on Friday, a result that dealt a significant blow to their hopes of qualifying for the semi-final stage of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The Red Devils’ worst fears were confirmed on Sunday evening, as Wydad Casablanca defeated ASEC Mimosas in Morocco to increase their tally to ten points.
Khadrouf gave the hosts the lead on the hour mark, before the impressive Zakri pulled ASEC back on level terms.
Heartbreak would come late for Al Ahly and ASEC fans, as Ondama scored a last-gasp winner to send the home fans into raptures.
Second-placed Zesco United have three more points than Al Ahly – eight and five points respectively – as well as the head-to-head advantage over both encounters against the Cairo-based club, which would prevent the Egyptians from overtaking them in any scenario.
It is worth noting that Zamalek can clinch progression with a draw tomorrow at home to the Nigerian club.