Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Wydad defeat ASEC Mimosas, Ahly eliminated from CAF Champions League
Al Ahly could only draw 2-2 at home to Zecso United on Friday, a result that dealt a significant blow to their hopes of qualifying for the semi-final stage of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The Red Devils’ worst fears were confirmed on Sunday evening, as Wydad Casablanca defeated ASEC Mimosas in Morocco to increase their tally to ten points.
Khadrouf gave the hosts the lead on the hour mark, before the impressive Zakri pulled ASEC back on level terms.
Heartbreak would come late for Al Ahly and ASEC fans, as Ondama scored a last-gasp winner to send the home fans into raptures.
Second-placed Zesco United have three more points than Al Ahly – eight and five points respectively – as well as the head-to-head advantage over both encounters against the Cairo-based club, which would prevent the Egyptians from overtaking them in any scenario.
It is worth noting that Zamalek can clinch progression with a draw tomorrow at home to the Nigerian club.