Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
OFFICIAL: Wydad defeat ASEC Mimosas, Ahly eliminated from CAF Champions League
Al Ahly could only draw 2-2 at home to Zecso United on Friday, a result that dealt a significant blow to their hopes of qualifying for the semi-final stage of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The Red Devils’ worst fears were confirmed on Sunday evening, as Wydad Casablanca defeated ASEC Mimosas in Morocco to increase their tally to ten points.
Khadrouf gave the hosts the lead on the hour mark, before the impressive Zakri pulled ASEC back on level terms.
Heartbreak would come late for Al Ahly and ASEC fans, as Ondama scored a last-gasp winner to send the home fans into raptures.
Second-placed Zesco United have three more points than Al Ahly – eight and five points respectively – as well as the head-to-head advantage over both encounters against the Cairo-based club, which would prevent the Egyptians from overtaking them in any scenario.
It is worth noting that Zamalek can clinch progression with a draw tomorrow at home to the Nigerian club.