Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
OFFICIAL: Wydad defeat ASEC Mimosas, Ahly eliminated from CAF Champions League
Al Ahly could only draw 2-2 at home to Zecso United on Friday, a result that dealt a significant blow to their hopes of qualifying for the semi-final stage of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The Red Devils’ worst fears were confirmed on Sunday evening, as Wydad Casablanca defeated ASEC Mimosas in Morocco to increase their tally to ten points.
Khadrouf gave the hosts the lead on the hour mark, before the impressive Zakri pulled ASEC back on level terms.
Heartbreak would come late for Al Ahly and ASEC fans, as Ondama scored a last-gasp winner to send the home fans into raptures.
Second-placed Zesco United have three more points than Al Ahly – eight and five points respectively – as well as the head-to-head advantage over both encounters against the Cairo-based club, which would prevent the Egyptians from overtaking them in any scenario.
It is worth noting that Zamalek can clinch progression with a draw tomorrow at home to the Nigerian club.