Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Wadi Degla sign Malian Boubacar Diarra from Club Africain
The Maadi-based club confirmed the signing via their social media accounts on Monday evening, with the player joining Degla on a 3-year contract.
Diarra becomes the third African player at Wadi Degla after new signing Samuel Afum, Stanley Ohawuchi and Ronald Kampamba, although the latter two have been loaned out by the club, which means the club can sign yet another foreigner until they returns to the squad.
The defensive midfielder has one cap for the Mali national team – one which came back in 2014 at 20 years of age – but his greatest achievement at the international level is captaining the Mali at the U20 World Cup in 2013.
He also participated in the 2015 Club World Cup with TP Mazembe, under current Degla manager Patrice Carteron after winning the CAF Champions League that year, and joined Club African as the French manager left for Egypt.