Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Wadi Degla sign Malian Boubacar Diarra from Club Africain
The Maadi-based club confirmed the signing via their social media accounts on Monday evening, with the player joining Degla on a 3-year contract.
Diarra becomes the third African player at Wadi Degla after new signing Samuel Afum, Stanley Ohawuchi and Ronald Kampamba, although the latter two have been loaned out by the club, which means the club can sign yet another foreigner until they returns to the squad.
The defensive midfielder has one cap for the Mali national team – one which came back in 2014 at 20 years of age – but his greatest achievement at the international level is captaining the Mali at the U20 World Cup in 2013.
He also participated in the 2015 Club World Cup with TP Mazembe, under current Degla manager Patrice Carteron after winning the CAF Champions League that year, and joined Club African as the French manager left for Egypt.