Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
REPORT: Nine ‘Pharaohs Abroad’ in Cuper’s upcoming camp
Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper has reportedly decided to call-up nine foreign-based players to take part in the upcoming camp.
The Pharaohs will face both Guinea and South Africa on the 30th of August, and the 6th of September, respectively, in preparation for the CAF World Cup qualifiers which are due to start in October 2016.
According to Yallakora, the squad will feature Hull City man Ahmed Elmohamady, who returns to the Egyptian national team for the first time since the friendly against Malawi in June 2015.
The squad also features: Mohamed Salah (Roma), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Omar Gaber (Basel), Ahmed Hassan Kouka (Braga), Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (Anderlecht), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Ahli Jeddah).
Wigan Athletic’s Sam Morsy has also received his debut call-up; however, the 24-year-old is awaiting the arrival of his Egyptian passport before he can join the camp.
It is worth mentioning that the squad sees the exclusion of ex-Zamalek man Mahmoud Kahraba – who now plays for Ittihad Jeddah, and Panetolikos’ Amr Warda.