Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Sam Morsy called up to the Egyptian National Team
The 24-year-old has been called up to the Egyptian training camp in their preparations for their next two friendlies against Guinea and South Africa.
Morsy first expressed his intentions to play for Egypt in an interview with KingFut.com in 2014 whilst at Chesterfield.
After leading his club side to promotion he moved to Wigan Athletic in January 2016 and it was here that he met Egypt national team manager Hector Cuper, who informed Morsy that he would be involved int he national team set up.
The British-Egyptian midfielder now awaits the arrival of his passport before joining the national team later this month.