Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Sam Morsy called up to the Egyptian National Team
The 24-year-old has been called up to the Egyptian training camp in their preparations for their next two friendlies against Guinea and South Africa.
Morsy first expressed his intentions to play for Egypt in an interview with KingFut.com in 2014 whilst at Chesterfield.
After leading his club side to promotion he moved to Wigan Athletic in January 2016 and it was here that he met Egypt national team manager Hector Cuper, who informed Morsy that he would be involved int he national team set up.
The British-Egyptian midfielder now awaits the arrival of his passport before joining the national team later this month.