KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Egypt lose men’s team title to Pakistan as World Juniors Squash Championship concludes
Egypt’s run of winning three successive men’s team title at the World Juniors squash tournament came to an end after they lost to Pakistan on final day of competition.
The men’s team final between Egypt and Pakistan was the highlight of the final day of the WSF World Juniors Squash Championship. The two countries were meeting for the seventh time in a row with Pakistan looking to end Egypt’s hold on the men’s team title.
Saadeldin Abouaish, of Egypt, and Israr Ahmed renewed rivalry in the first game of the final. Abouaish had knocked out his Pakistani opponent in the semi-final of the men’s individual competition. Israr Ahmed got his revenge by winning three straight games to put his country in the lead. All three games were closely contested, all ending 11-9 in favour of Israr Ahmed.
Egypt tied the contest at 1-1 after Youssef Ibrahim beat Ayaz Ashan. The Egyptian rallied back from losing the second game 11-13 to win 11-5 and 11-6 and secure a 3-1 victory. it therefore came down to the final game between, Egyptian, Marwan Tarek and Shoukat Abbas.
The Egyptian, in his first appearance at the WSF World Juniors, was edged out by Shoukat Abbas. He lost all three games; 7-11, 9-11 and 8-11. The result confirmed Pakistan as the 2016 winners of the men’s team title; their first since 2008.
The final brought to a conclusion the 2016 World Juniors Squash Championship in Bielsko-Biala Poland. Despite reaching three finals, Egypt won only one title. Nouran Gohar won the women’s individual title in an all-Egyptian final.