The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Wrestler Enas Mostafa loses semi-final, sets up bronze medal match
Egyptian Olympic wrestler Enas Ahmed lost her semi-final and will play for a bronze medal in the women’s 69kg freestyle category in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the round of 16, the Egyptian beat Venezuela’s Maria Acosta 8-0 to seal her spot in the quarter-finals.
She then defeated Brazil’s Gilda Olivera 5-1 in front of a very noisy home crowd, and celebrated wildly at the result.
The 27-year-old’s road to the final was cut short by Russia’s Natalia Vorobeva, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, as she fell to a 4-2 loss.
Mostafa will face Kazakh wrestler Elmira Syzdykova, who lost against Vorobeva in the round of 16 before winning her repechage match, as they compete for a bronze medal.