The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Wrestler Enas Mostafa loses semi-final, sets up bronze medal match
Egyptian Olympic wrestler Enas Ahmed lost her semi-final and will play for a bronze medal in the women’s 69kg freestyle category in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the round of 16, the Egyptian beat Venezuela’s Maria Acosta 8-0 to seal her spot in the quarter-finals.
She then defeated Brazil’s Gilda Olivera 5-1 in front of a very noisy home crowd, and celebrated wildly at the result.
The 27-year-old’s road to the final was cut short by Russia’s Natalia Vorobeva, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, as she fell to a 4-2 loss.
Mostafa will face Kazakh wrestler Elmira Syzdykova, who lost against Vorobeva in the round of 16 before winning her repechage match, as they compete for a bronze medal.