Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Wrestler Enas Mostafa loses semi-final, sets up bronze medal match
Egyptian Olympic wrestler Enas Ahmed lost her semi-final and will play for a bronze medal in the women’s 69kg freestyle category in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the round of 16, the Egyptian beat Venezuela’s Maria Acosta 8-0 to seal her spot in the quarter-finals.
She then defeated Brazil’s Gilda Olivera 5-1 in front of a very noisy home crowd, and celebrated wildly at the result.
The 27-year-old’s road to the final was cut short by Russia’s Natalia Vorobeva, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, as she fell to a 4-2 loss.
Mostafa will face Kazakh wrestler Elmira Syzdykova, who lost against Vorobeva in the round of 16 before winning her repechage match, as they compete for a bronze medal.