Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Wrestler Enas Mostafa loses semi-final, sets up bronze medal match
Egyptian Olympic wrestler Enas Ahmed lost her semi-final and will play for a bronze medal in the women’s 69kg freestyle category in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the round of 16, the Egyptian beat Venezuela’s Maria Acosta 8-0 to seal her spot in the quarter-finals.
She then defeated Brazil’s Gilda Olivera 5-1 in front of a very noisy home crowd, and celebrated wildly at the result.
The 27-year-old’s road to the final was cut short by Russia’s Natalia Vorobeva, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, as she fell to a 4-2 loss.
Mostafa will face Kazakh wrestler Elmira Syzdykova, who lost against Vorobeva in the round of 16 before winning her repechage match, as they compete for a bronze medal.