Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Wrestler Enas Mostafa loses semi-final, sets up bronze medal match
Egyptian Olympic wrestler Enas Ahmed lost her semi-final and will play for a bronze medal in the women’s 69kg freestyle category in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the round of 16, the Egyptian beat Venezuela’s Maria Acosta 8-0 to seal her spot in the quarter-finals.
She then defeated Brazil’s Gilda Olivera 5-1 in front of a very noisy home crowd, and celebrated wildly at the result.
The 27-year-old’s road to the final was cut short by Russia’s Natalia Vorobeva, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, as she fell to a 4-2 loss.
Mostafa will face Kazakh wrestler Elmira Syzdykova, who lost against Vorobeva in the round of 16 before winning her repechage match, as they compete for a bronze medal.