Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Karim El Zoghby eliminated in the third round of equestrian individual jumping
Karim El Zoghby, Egypt’s top equestrian, eyed a historic place in the individual jumping final after he qualified for the third round yesterday.
The 39-year-old had finished among the top 45 riders to go through.
He was penalized nine points in the third round to bring his total record of penalties to 18.
He had also committed nine penalties in the second round, in contrast to his first round which saw him complete a ‘perfect’ ride.
El Zoghby needed to finish among the top 35 riders to qualify for the equestrian individual jumping final.
However, he just missed out by finishing in 40th place in the 2016 Rio Olympics.