Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Riyad Mahrez signs new deal with Leicester City
Riyad Mahrez has signed a four-year deal with Leicester city to end any speculation about his future.
The 25-year old-winger is now set to stay with the Premier League champions until June 2020.
Leicester City signed Mahrez from French Ligue 2 outfit Le Havre in 2014.
Since that time, he has established himself as one of the world’s top footballers.
The Algerian became the first African to win the PFA Player of the Year award after leading Leicester to the 2015/2016 Premier League title, scoring 17 goals and recording 11 assists along the way.
Mahrez had been linked with a number of clubs – including Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal – but has now settled questions on his future.
He joins Jamie Vardy, Wes Morgan and Kasper Schemiechel as players to have extended their stay with Leicester after fears of a summer exodus.