Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
28 players called up for Egypt friendlies against Guinea and South Africa
Egypt head coach Hector Cuper has called up 28 players for the team’s upcoming friendlies against Guinea and South Africa respectively.
These friendly games come as The Pharaohs gear up for their CAF World Cup qualifications where they’ve drawn with Congo, Ghana and Uganda in Group C.
The squad list have seen the return of Hull City fullback Ahmed Elmohamady among eight Pharoahs Abroad called up for Egypt’s international friendlies.
The majority of squad was picked from Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek, with the likes of Hossam Paolo and Ayman Ashraf from Smouha included.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed El-Shennawy, Aly Lotfy
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Elmohamady, Mohamed Abdel Shafy, Ahmed Dweidar, Omar Gaber, Rami Rabia, Ali Gabr, Ayman Ashraf, Hamada Tolba
Midfielders: Walid Soliman, Abdallah El-Said, Ibrahim Salah, Mohamed Elneny, Mohamed Salah, Tarek Hamed, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Ayman Hefni, Ramadan Sobhi, Mostafa Fathi, Sam Morsy
Strikers: Marwan Mohsen, Ahmed Hassan Koka, Amr Gamal, Bassem Morsy, Hossam Paolo.