Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
28 players called up for Egypt friendlies against Guinea and South Africa
Egypt head coach Hector Cuper has called up 28 players for the team’s upcoming friendlies against Guinea and South Africa respectively.
These friendly games come as The Pharaohs gear up for their CAF World Cup qualifications where they’ve drawn with Congo, Ghana and Uganda in Group C.
The squad list have seen the return of Hull City fullback Ahmed Elmohamady among eight Pharoahs Abroad called up for Egypt’s international friendlies.
The majority of squad was picked from Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek, with the likes of Hossam Paolo and Ayman Ashraf from Smouha included.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed El-Shennawy, Aly Lotfy
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Elmohamady, Mohamed Abdel Shafy, Ahmed Dweidar, Omar Gaber, Rami Rabia, Ali Gabr, Ayman Ashraf, Hamada Tolba
Midfielders: Walid Soliman, Abdallah El-Said, Ibrahim Salah, Mohamed Elneny, Mohamed Salah, Tarek Hamed, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Ayman Hefni, Ramadan Sobhi, Mostafa Fathi, Sam Morsy
Strikers: Marwan Mohsen, Ahmed Hassan Koka, Amr Gamal, Bassem Morsy, Hossam Paolo.