KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Bronze medal at stake for Hedaya Malak after semi-final loss
Hedaya Malak will face off against the winner of the first repechage match for the Taekwondo -57kg bronze medal, after losing late on to fellow semi-finalist Eva Calvo Gomez.
The Egyptian lost by just one point during the fourth (golden score) round to Olympic gold medal favorite Eva Calvo Gomez of Spain, after three scoreless normal rounds.
The loss will be a disappointment for Malak, who staked her claim for a place in the final with a calm and collected 3-0 defeat of reigning world champion Mayu Hamada.
However, the 23-year-old could not replicate her performance against favorite Calvo Gomez and exited at the semi-final stage, a marked improvement over her quarter-final loss at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Malak will play the winner of the first repechage match, which in turn will be contested between Belgium’s Raheleh Asemani and Tunisian Naima Bakkal.