Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Bronze medal at stake for Hedaya Malak after semi-final loss
Hedaya Malak will face off against the winner of the first repechage match for the Taekwondo -57kg bronze medal, after losing late on to fellow semi-finalist Eva Calvo Gomez.
The Egyptian lost by just one point during the fourth (golden score) round to Olympic gold medal favorite Eva Calvo Gomez of Spain, after three scoreless normal rounds.
The loss will be a disappointment for Malak, who staked her claim for a place in the final with a calm and collected 3-0 defeat of reigning world champion Mayu Hamada.
However, the 23-year-old could not replicate her performance against favorite Calvo Gomez and exited at the semi-final stage, a marked improvement over her quarter-final loss at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Malak will play the winner of the first repechage match, which in turn will be contested between Belgium’s Raheleh Asemani and Tunisian Naima Bakkal.