Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Bronze medal at stake for Hedaya Malak after semi-final loss
Hedaya Malak will face off against the winner of the first repechage match for the Taekwondo -57kg bronze medal, after losing late on to fellow semi-finalist Eva Calvo Gomez.
The Egyptian lost by just one point during the fourth (golden score) round to Olympic gold medal favorite Eva Calvo Gomez of Spain, after three scoreless normal rounds.
The loss will be a disappointment for Malak, who staked her claim for a place in the final with a calm and collected 3-0 defeat of reigning world champion Mayu Hamada.
However, the 23-year-old could not replicate her performance against favorite Calvo Gomez and exited at the semi-final stage, a marked improvement over her quarter-final loss at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Malak will play the winner of the first repechage match, which in turn will be contested between Belgium’s Raheleh Asemani and Tunisian Naima Bakkal.