AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Sunderland sign South African midfielder Steven Pienaar
The 34-year-old, who was signed by David Moyes for Everton in 2007, has penned a one-year contract that will keep him at the Stadium of Light until the end of the season after a successful trial.
The South Africa international is Sunderland’s fifth signing of the transfer window, after Papy Djilobodji, Adnan Januzaj, Paddy McNair and Donald Love.
“Steven is someone who will help us keep the ball better,” Sunderland’s manager David Moyes said.
“He has been a great player and he made Leighton Baines when he was at Everton and will do a lot for Pat, help him join in, get forward and get crosses in.
“He is only here on a one-year contract and we will give him every opportunity to show if he is as good as he was in his early days.”
The former Dortmund and Tottenham player is expected to go straight into the squad for Sunday’s Premier League clash with Middlesbrough.