Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Sunderland sign South African midfielder Steven Pienaar
The 34-year-old, who was signed by David Moyes for Everton in 2007, has penned a one-year contract that will keep him at the Stadium of Light until the end of the season after a successful trial.
The South Africa international is Sunderland’s fifth signing of the transfer window, after Papy Djilobodji, Adnan Januzaj, Paddy McNair and Donald Love.
“Steven is someone who will help us keep the ball better,” Sunderland’s manager David Moyes said.
“He has been a great player and he made Leighton Baines when he was at Everton and will do a lot for Pat, help him join in, get forward and get crosses in.
“He is only here on a one-year contract and we will give him every opportunity to show if he is as good as he was in his early days.”
The former Dortmund and Tottenham player is expected to go straight into the squad for Sunday’s Premier League clash with Middlesbrough.