Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Ramadan makes official debut as Stoke fall to Manchester City
Sobhi started on the bench with Austria’s Marko Arnautovic playing on the left flank.
The Citizens were awarded a penalty in the 26th minute after a tackle from Mike Dean in the box. Sergio Aguero sent the goalkeeper the wrong way to give Manchester City the lead.
It was not enough for the Argentinian, who doubled the lead 10 minutes later with a superb header from a free-kick giving his side a comfortable advantage before half-time.
The Potters came back stronger, and they were awarded a penalty of their own just three minutes into the second half, with Spaniard Bojan Krkic converting the spot kick.
In the 88th minute, Sobhi made his Premier League debut – coming on for Arnautovic – but the match had already been decided.
Despite Stoke’s late push for an equaliser, Manuel Nolito ended any hopes of a comeback, scoring in the 86th and 94th minutes to seal the points.
The Potters will face Stevenage in the EFL Cup next Tuesday, before heading to Everton next week in the Premier League, hoping to secure their first win this season.