Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Ramadan makes official debut as Stoke fall to Manchester City
Egypt’s Ramadan Sobhi came on as a substitute as Stoke City to make his official debut for the Potters, in a 1-4 loss to Manchester City at the Bet365 stadium.
Sobhi started on the bench with Austria’s Marko Arnautovic playing on the left flank.
The Citizens were awarded a penalty in the 26th minute after a tackle from Mike Dean in the box. Sergio Aguero sent the goalkeeper the wrong way to give Manchester City the lead.
It was not enough for the Argentinian, who doubled the lead 10 minutes later with a superb header from a free-kick giving his side a comfortable advantage before half-time.
The Potters came back stronger, and they were awarded a penalty of their own just three minutes into the second half, with Spaniard Bojan Krkic converting the spot kick.
In the 88th minute, Sobhi made his Premier League debut – coming on for Arnautovic – but the match had already been decided.
Despite Stoke’s late push for an equaliser, Manuel Nolito ended any hopes of a comeback, scoring in the 86th and 94th minutes to seal the points.
The Potters will face Stevenage in the EFL Cup next Tuesday, before heading to Everton next week in the Premier League, hoping to secure their first win this season.