Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Ethiopia eliminate Egypt in African U17 Championship qualifiers
The Ethiopian side beat the Young Pharaohs 5-2 on aggregate after the first leg in Cairo ended in a 3-1 victory for the guests.
Despite needing a 3-0 in the away match in Addis Ababa in order to qualify, the Pharaohs conceded a goal from Ethiopia’s Nesir after only 11 minutes.
The first half ended with a 1-0 lead for the hosts until Nesir doubled his side’s lead and completed his brace in the 50th minute.
Although qualifying became an almost impossible task, Egypt’s Youssef Osama scored a consolation goal, making it 2-1 with only six minutes remaining to full time.
Ethiopia will likely face Mali in the final round of the qualifiers, as the Malians defeated Chad 9-0 in the first leg. The winner will qualify to the U-17 African Championship that will take place in Madagascar in April.