Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Ethiopia eliminate Egypt in African U17 Championship qualifiers
The Ethiopian side beat the Young Pharaohs 5-2 on aggregate after the first leg in Cairo ended in a 3-1 victory for the guests.
Despite needing a 3-0 in the away match in Addis Ababa in order to qualify, the Pharaohs conceded a goal from Ethiopia’s Nesir after only 11 minutes.
The first half ended with a 1-0 lead for the hosts until Nesir doubled his side’s lead and completed his brace in the 50th minute.
Although qualifying became an almost impossible task, Egypt’s Youssef Osama scored a consolation goal, making it 2-1 with only six minutes remaining to full time.
Ethiopia will likely face Mali in the final round of the qualifiers, as the Malians defeated Chad 9-0 in the first leg. The winner will qualify to the U-17 African Championship that will take place in Madagascar in April.