Egypt clinched the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship title after beating...
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
Ethiopia eliminate Egypt in African U17 Championship qualifiers
The Ethiopian side beat the Young Pharaohs 5-2 on aggregate after the first leg in Cairo ended in a 3-1 victory for the guests.
Despite needing a 3-0 in the away match in Addis Ababa in order to qualify, the Pharaohs conceded a goal from Ethiopia’s Nesir after only 11 minutes.
The first half ended with a 1-0 lead for the hosts until Nesir doubled his side’s lead and completed his brace in the 50th minute.
Although qualifying became an almost impossible task, Egypt’s Youssef Osama scored a consolation goal, making it 2-1 with only six minutes remaining to full time.
Ethiopia will likely face Mali in the final round of the qualifiers, as the Malians defeated Chad 9-0 in the first leg. The winner will qualify to the U-17 African Championship that will take place in Madagascar in April.