KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Ethiopia eliminate Egypt in African U17 Championship qualifiers
The Ethiopian side beat the Young Pharaohs 5-2 on aggregate after the first leg in Cairo ended in a 3-1 victory for the guests.
Despite needing a 3-0 in the away match in Addis Ababa in order to qualify, the Pharaohs conceded a goal from Ethiopia’s Nesir after only 11 minutes.
The first half ended with a 1-0 lead for the hosts until Nesir doubled his side’s lead and completed his brace in the 50th minute.
Although qualifying became an almost impossible task, Egypt’s Youssef Osama scored a consolation goal, making it 2-1 with only six minutes remaining to full time.
Ethiopia will likely face Mali in the final round of the qualifiers, as the Malians defeated Chad 9-0 in the first leg. The winner will qualify to the U-17 African Championship that will take place in Madagascar in April.