Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Ethiopia eliminate Egypt in African U17 Championship qualifiers
The Ethiopian side beat the Young Pharaohs 5-2 on aggregate after the first leg in Cairo ended in a 3-1 victory for the guests.
Despite needing a 3-0 in the away match in Addis Ababa in order to qualify, the Pharaohs conceded a goal from Ethiopia’s Nesir after only 11 minutes.
The first half ended with a 1-0 lead for the hosts until Nesir doubled his side’s lead and completed his brace in the 50th minute.
Although qualifying became an almost impossible task, Egypt’s Youssef Osama scored a consolation goal, making it 2-1 with only six minutes remaining to full time.
Ethiopia will likely face Mali in the final round of the qualifiers, as the Malians defeated Chad 9-0 in the first leg. The winner will qualify to the U-17 African Championship that will take place in Madagascar in April.