Egypt’s national volleyball team won the 2016 Women’s U-23 African Nations Championship...
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
Egypt call up Islam Gamal to replace Rami Rabia
The Al Ahly defender has been ruled out for one month after suffering a knee injury during the team’s training session. The national team’s technical staff responded to the setback by calling up Zamalek’s Islam Gamal.
The Pharaohs will face both Guinea and South Africa on the 30th of August, and the 6th of September, respectively, in preparation for the CAF World Cup qualifiers which are due to start in October 2016.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed El-Shennawy and Ali Lotfy.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Elmohamady, Ahmed Dewidar, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Ali Gabr, Ayman Ashraf.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Marwan Mohsen, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Amr Gamal, Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’
British-Egyptian midfielder Sam Morsy awaits the arrival of his passport before joining the national team later this month.