Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Egypt call up Islam Gamal to replace Rami Rabia
The Al Ahly defender has been ruled out for one month after suffering a knee injury during the team’s training session. The national team’s technical staff responded to the setback by calling up Zamalek’s Islam Gamal.
The Pharaohs will face both Guinea and South Africa on the 30th of August, and the 6th of September, respectively, in preparation for the CAF World Cup qualifiers which are due to start in October 2016.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed El-Shennawy and Ali Lotfy.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Elmohamady, Ahmed Dewidar, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Ali Gabr, Ayman Ashraf.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Marwan Mohsen, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Amr Gamal, Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’
British-Egyptian midfielder Sam Morsy awaits the arrival of his passport before joining the national team later this month.