Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
Egypt call up Islam Gamal to replace Rami Rabia
The Al Ahly defender has been ruled out for one month after suffering a knee injury during the team’s training session. The national team’s technical staff responded to the setback by calling up Zamalek’s Islam Gamal.
The Pharaohs will face both Guinea and South Africa on the 30th of August, and the 6th of September, respectively, in preparation for the CAF World Cup qualifiers which are due to start in October 2016.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed El-Shennawy and Ali Lotfy.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Elmohamady, Ahmed Dewidar, Omar Gaber, Islam Gamal, Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Ali Gabr, Ayman Ashraf.
Midfielders: Walid Soliman, Abdallah El-Said, Ibrahim Salah, Mohamed Elneny, Mohamed Salah, Tarek Hamed, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Ayman Hefny, Ramadan Sobhi, Mostafa Fathi, Sam Morsy
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Marwan Mohsen, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Amr Gamal, Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’
British-Egyptian midfielder Sam Morsy awaits the arrival of his passport before joining the national team later this month.