Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Mohamed Salah scores in season opener against Udinese
Perroti, Dzeko and Salah secured their team’s first three points in an easy victory over Udinese.
The visitors’ defense held firm in the first interval; Dzeko, El-Shaarawy and Salah were denied opening goals before the half-time whistle sounded.
The second half was full of action, and saw the referee award Salah’s team two successive penalties, both of which were successfully converted by substitute Diego Perotti.
Salah’s pace earned the Giallorossi the second of their two spot kicks; Badu could only stop the Egyptian by bringing him down inside the area, prompting the referee to point to the spot.
Dzeko and Salah doubled their team’s lead in the last ten minutes of the game; the former made good use of Nainggolan’s pass to find the back of the net, while the latter scored the fourth goal from close range.
Spalletti’s team will take on FC Porto in the second leg of UEFA Champions League play-offs, a week after their 1-1 draw in Portugal.
Afterwards, the Giallorossi will travel to face Cagliari in their second Serie A game.