KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Mohamed Salah scores in season opener against Udinese
Perroti, Dzeko and Salah secured their team’s first three points in an easy victory over Udinese.
The visitors’ defense held firm in the first interval; Dzeko, El-Shaarawy and Salah were denied opening goals before the half-time whistle sounded.
The second half was full of action, and saw the referee award Salah’s team two successive penalties, both of which were successfully converted by substitute Diego Perotti.
Salah’s pace earned the Giallorossi the second of their two spot kicks; Badu could only stop the Egyptian by bringing him down inside the area, prompting the referee to point to the spot.
Dzeko and Salah doubled their team’s lead in the last ten minutes of the game; the former made good use of Nainggolan’s pass to find the back of the net, while the latter scored the fourth goal from close range.
Spalletti’s team will take on FC Porto in the second leg of UEFA Champions League play-offs, a week after their 1-1 draw in Portugal.
Afterwards, the Giallorossi will travel to face Cagliari in their second Serie A game.