Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Mohamed Salah scores in season opener against Udinese
Perroti, Dzeko and Salah secured their team’s first three points in an easy victory over Udinese.
The visitors’ defense held firm in the first interval; Dzeko, El-Shaarawy and Salah were denied opening goals before the half-time whistle sounded.
The second half was full of action, and saw the referee award Salah’s team two successive penalties, both of which were successfully converted by substitute Diego Perotti.
Salah’s pace earned the Giallorossi the second of their two spot kicks; Badu could only stop the Egyptian by bringing him down inside the area, prompting the referee to point to the spot.
Dzeko and Salah doubled their team’s lead in the last ten minutes of the game; the former made good use of Nainggolan’s pass to find the back of the net, while the latter scored the fourth goal from close range.
Spalletti’s team will take on FC Porto in the second leg of UEFA Champions League play-offs, a week after their 1-1 draw in Portugal.
Afterwards, the Giallorossi will travel to face Cagliari in their second Serie A game.