Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Mohamed Salah scores in season opener against Udinese
Perroti, Dzeko and Salah secured their team’s first three points in an easy victory over Udinese.
The visitors’ defense held firm in the first interval; Dzeko, El-Shaarawy and Salah were denied opening goals before the half-time whistle sounded.
The second half was full of action, and saw the referee award Salah’s team two successive penalties, both of which were successfully converted by substitute Diego Perotti.
Salah’s pace earned the Giallorossi the second of their two spot kicks; Badu could only stop the Egyptian by bringing him down inside the area, prompting the referee to point to the spot.
Dzeko and Salah doubled their team’s lead in the last ten minutes of the game; the former made good use of Nainggolan’s pass to find the back of the net, while the latter scored the fourth goal from close range.
Spalletti’s team will take on FC Porto in the second leg of UEFA Champions League play-offs, a week after their 1-1 draw in Portugal.
Afterwards, the Giallorossi will travel to face Cagliari in their second Serie A game.