In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
VIDEO: Nigeria claim bronze after thrilling defeat of Honduras
Roma’s Umar Sadiq gave the Super Eagles the lead in the 34th minute, after great work from captain John Obi Mikel.
Aminu Umar doubled his side’s lead soon after the break, rifling home the rebound after Mikel’s long-range effort was saved.
Six minutes later, Mikel again set up Sadiq, who dribbled past a defender and slotted home at the near post to make it 3-0.
The match seemed to be over at that point, but Honduras had other ideas; Anthony Lozano pulled one back in the 71st minute, before defender Marcelo Pereira headed home in the 87th minute to pile the pressure on Nigeria.
Nevertheless, the 1996 gold medalists held on to win their third-ever Olympic medal – and first Olympic bronze – in history.