Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
VIDEO: Nigeria claim bronze after thrilling defeat of Honduras
Roma’s Umar Sadiq gave the Super Eagles the lead in the 34th minute, after great work from captain John Obi Mikel.
Aminu Umar doubled his side’s lead soon after the break, rifling home the rebound after Mikel’s long-range effort was saved.
Six minutes later, Mikel again set up Sadiq, who dribbled past a defender and slotted home at the near post to make it 3-0.
The match seemed to be over at that point, but Honduras had other ideas; Anthony Lozano pulled one back in the 71st minute, before defender Marcelo Pereira headed home in the 87th minute to pile the pressure on Nigeria.
Nevertheless, the 1996 gold medalists held on to win their third-ever Olympic medal – and first Olympic bronze – in history.