KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
VIDEO: Nigeria claim bronze after thrilling defeat of Honduras
Roma’s Umar Sadiq gave the Super Eagles the lead in the 34th minute, after great work from captain John Obi Mikel.
Aminu Umar doubled his side’s lead soon after the break, rifling home the rebound after Mikel’s long-range effort was saved.
Six minutes later, Mikel again set up Sadiq, who dribbled past a defender and slotted home at the near post to make it 3-0.
The match seemed to be over at that point, but Honduras had other ideas; Anthony Lozano pulled one back in the 71st minute, before defender Marcelo Pereira headed home in the 87th minute to pile the pressure on Nigeria.
Nevertheless, the 1996 gold medalists held on to win their third-ever Olympic medal – and first Olympic bronze – in history.