Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO: Nigeria claim bronze after thrilling defeat of Honduras
Roma’s Umar Sadiq gave the Super Eagles the lead in the 34th minute, after great work from captain John Obi Mikel.
Aminu Umar doubled his side’s lead soon after the break, rifling home the rebound after Mikel’s long-range effort was saved.
Six minutes later, Mikel again set up Sadiq, who dribbled past a defender and slotted home at the near post to make it 3-0.
The match seemed to be over at that point, but Honduras had other ideas; Anthony Lozano pulled one back in the 71st minute, before defender Marcelo Pereira headed home in the 87th minute to pile the pressure on Nigeria.
Nevertheless, the 1996 gold medalists held on to win their third-ever Olympic medal – and first Olympic bronze – in history.