Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
VIDEO: Nigeria claim bronze after thrilling defeat of Honduras
Roma’s Umar Sadiq gave the Super Eagles the lead in the 34th minute, after great work from captain John Obi Mikel.
Aminu Umar doubled his side’s lead soon after the break, rifling home the rebound after Mikel’s long-range effort was saved.
Six minutes later, Mikel again set up Sadiq, who dribbled past a defender and slotted home at the near post to make it 3-0.
The match seemed to be over at that point, but Honduras had other ideas; Anthony Lozano pulled one back in the 71st minute, before defender Marcelo Pereira headed home in the 87th minute to pile the pressure on Nigeria.
Nevertheless, the 1996 gold medalists held on to win their third-ever Olympic medal – and first Olympic bronze – in history.