KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Koka assists as Braga secure late draw against his former club
Koka’s first impact of the game against his former club came in the 15th minute from a header, but it was easily saved by Rio Ave’s goalkeeper.
Rio Ave took the lead after 40 minutes through Pedro Moreira who headed Heldon’s cross into the bottom of the net.
SC Braga left it late to salvage their fourth point of the season. In the first minute of stoppage time, Koka’s smart pass sent Nikola Stojilijkovic through on goal, and his strike found the net.
Following Stojilikovic’s equalizer, some SC Braga fans entered the pitch celebrating the goal, but they were caught by the police. The Egyptian striker earned the respect of the fans after saving one of the fans from the police’s tough treatment.
SC Braga currently lie in seventh place with four points from two games. Koka and his teammates will be looking to secure another win next week, as they will travel to play GD Estoril, who sit in 17th place with zero points.