Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Mortada Mansour suspends Bassem Morsy from Zamalek
Morsy, who scored a brace in Zamalek’s win over Al Ahly in the Egypt Cup and scored the only goal in Zamalek’s win over Enyimba in the CAF Champions League, is set to face a ban despite his impressive performances.
Several news outlets say that Mansour is preparing to send the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) a formal letter, asking them to exclude Morsy from the national team.
Bassem Morsy had reportedly attended the wedding of an Ultras White Knights member in the city of Tanta, inducing Mansour’s decision to ban the striker.
This is not the first time Mortada Mansour has banned and fined a Zamalek player for celebrating or interacting with a White Knights member.
Mansour, who has a dark history with the supporter group, banned Shikabala, Omar Gaber, and others several times for celebrating with the group.