Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Mortada threatens to block Zamalek players from joining national team
Mansour suspended Morsy after the 24-year-old striker had reportedly attended the wedding of an Ultras White Knights member in Tanta.
Mansour asked the technical staff of Egypt’s national team to exclude Morsy, who was among 28 players called up by Hector Cuper for Egypt’s friendlies against Guinea and South Africa, from the team’s upcoming training camp.
He threatened to block the Zamalek players from joining in case Morsy was called up.
“If the national team staff decided to call up Bassem Morsy, I will prevent the other Zamalek players from joining the team’s camp. Any player who violates these instructions, won’t get his financial dues from the club,” said Mortada in a televised interview.
“I won’t allow Morsy to join the national team; he has cooperated with a terrorist group and should be referred to investigations because morals are more important than scoring goals,” Mansour concluded.
An Egyptian court banned the activities of all Ultras groups nationwide and listed them as terrorist organizations in May 2015 following a case filed by Mansour against them.
This is not the first time Mansour has banned and fined a Zamalek player for celebrating or interacting with a White Knights member. The chairman, who has a dark history with the supporter group, banned Shikabala, Omar Gaber, and others several times for celebrating with the group.