Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Mortada threatens to block Zamalek players from joining national team
Mansour suspended Morsy after the 24-year-old striker had reportedly attended the wedding of an Ultras White Knights member in Tanta.
Mansour asked the technical staff of Egypt’s national team to exclude Morsy, who was among 28 players called up by Hector Cuper for Egypt’s friendlies against Guinea and South Africa, from the team’s upcoming training camp.
He threatened to block the Zamalek players from joining in case Morsy was called up.
“If the national team staff decided to call up Bassem Morsy, I will prevent the other Zamalek players from joining the team’s camp. Any player who violates these instructions, won’t get his financial dues from the club,” said Mortada in a televised interview.
“I won’t allow Morsy to join the national team; he has cooperated with a terrorist group and should be referred to investigations because morals are more important than scoring goals,” Mansour concluded.
An Egyptian court banned the activities of all Ultras groups nationwide and listed them as terrorist organizations in May 2015 following a case filed by Mansour against them.
This is not the first time Mansour has banned and fined a Zamalek player for celebrating or interacting with a White Knights member. The chairman, who has a dark history with the supporter group, banned Shikabala, Omar Gaber, and others several times for celebrating with the group.