Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Preview: Injury-plagued Al Ahly face ASEC Mimosas in dead rubber
Date: Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 at 4:30 PM (GMT +2)
Competition: CAF Champions League, Group A
Stadium: Stade Félix Houphouët-Boigny, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
The Red Devils have been officially eliminated from the competition after drawing 2-2 with Zesco United in Suez and after Wydad managed to beat ASEC Mimosas at home. Al Ahly are third in the group with five points while ASEC are on four with both looking to at least finish third after being both officially eliminated.
General coach Osama Oraby will be leading the team on Wednesday after Dutch manager Martin Jol has announced his resignation from his post as Ahly manager. Oraby will be looking for an away win for revenge after the 2-1 loss against ASEC at home in Alexandria and to at least save face after a horrible African campaign in which they only won once, away against Wydad.
Al Ahly travelled to Abidjan with an injury-plagued squad missing a number of key players; the starting centre-backs Ahmed Hegazy and Ramy Rabia will be both missing due to injury. The team will also be missing some firepower upfront as Abdallah El-Said and Marwan Mohsen were forced to pull out due to injury while veteran Emad Meteb misses out for having to take his exams. Saleh Gomaa misses out due to technical reasons.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim, Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Bassem Ali, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Sabry Rahil, Hussein El-Sayed, Ali Maaloul.
Midfielders: Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Amr El-Sulaya, Ahmed Hamdy, Momen Zakaria, Walid Soliman, Karim Nedved.
Strikers: John Antwi, Amr Gamal.
The fixture will test the players’ fitness levels after a long season that left Ahly’s squad severely fatigued.
Predicted Al Ahly XI:
Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim; Ahmed Fathi, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ali Maaloul; Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Karim Nedved; Momen Zakaria, Walid Soliman, Amr Gamal.