Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
Al Ahly bow out of Champions league with away draw to ASEC Mimosas
Al Ahly labored to a 0-0 draw with ASEC Mimosas at the Stade Robert Champroux on Wednesday, as both sides bowed out of the CAF Champions League.
The match was billed as a ‘dead rubber’ beforehand, and the lack of action was fitting given the lack of motivation shown by both sides.
Amr Gamal in particular cut a frustrated figure, as he failed to get his name on the scoresheet despite a lack of pressure on the Red Devils to win the match.
The forward’s failure to score an easy header in the final moments of the match epitomised his side’s performance on Wednesday, and perhaps even throughout the entire group stage this season.
Meanwhile, bitter rivals Zamalek set up a tough semi-final with Wydad Casablanca, who drew 1-1 with Zesco United in the day’s other match to secure their status as Group A winners.
The Al Ahly squad will now enjoy some time off, before preparing for the next Egyptian Premier League season, which kicks off in mid-September. The Cairo club will face Ismaily in their first match of the new season and will be looking to return to winning ways, as well as launching a strong defence of their league title.