Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz introduced heavy fines that will be...
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
Al Ahly bow out of Champions league with away draw to ASEC Mimosas
Al Ahly labored to a 0-0 draw with ASEC Mimosas at the Stade Robert Champroux on Wednesday, as both sides bowed out of the CAF Champions League.
The match was billed as a ‘dead rubber’ beforehand, and the lack of action was fitting given the lack of motivation shown by both sides.
Amr Gamal in particular cut a frustrated figure, as he failed to get his name on the scoresheet despite a lack of pressure on the Red Devils to win the match.
The forward’s failure to score an easy header in the final moments of the match epitomised his side’s performance on Wednesday, and perhaps even throughout the entire group stage this season.
Meanwhile, bitter rivals Zamalek set up a tough semi-final with Wydad Casablanca, who drew 1-1 with Zesco United in the day’s other match to secure their status as Group A winners.
The Al Ahly squad will now enjoy some time off, before preparing for the next Egyptian Premier League season, which kicks off in mid-September. The Cairo club will face Ismaily in their first match of the new season and will be looking to return to winning ways, as well as launching a strong defence of their league title.