KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Al Ahly bow out of Champions league with away draw to ASEC Mimosas
Al Ahly labored to a 0-0 draw with ASEC Mimosas at the Stade Robert Champroux on Wednesday, as both sides bowed out of the CAF Champions League.
The match was billed as a ‘dead rubber’ beforehand, and the lack of action was fitting given the lack of motivation shown by both sides.
Amr Gamal in particular cut a frustrated figure, as he failed to get his name on the scoresheet despite a lack of pressure on the Red Devils to win the match.
The forward’s failure to score an easy header in the final moments of the match epitomised his side’s performance on Wednesday, and perhaps even throughout the entire group stage this season.
The Al Ahly squad will now enjoy some time off, before preparing for the next Egyptian Premier League season, which kicks off in mid-September. The Cairo club will face Ismaily in their first match of the new season and will be looking to return to winning ways, as well as launching a strong defence of their league title.