Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Al Ahly bow out of Champions league with away draw to ASEC Mimosas
The match was billed as a ‘dead rubber’ beforehand, and the lack of action was fitting given the lack of motivation shown by both sides.
Amr Gamal in particular cut a frustrated figure, as he failed to get his name on the scoresheet despite a lack of pressure on the Red Devils to win the match.
The forward’s failure to score an easy header in the final moments of the match epitomised his side’s performance on Wednesday, and perhaps even throughout the entire group stage this season.
The Al Ahly squad will now enjoy some time off, before preparing for the next Egyptian Premier League season, which kicks off in mid-September. The Cairo club will face Ismaily in their first match of the new season and will be looking to return to winning ways, as well as launching a strong defence of their league title.