Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Salah’s Roma capitulate at home to Porto, miss out on Champions League football
Felipe silenced the home fans in the eighth minute, heading home from a set-piece delivery.
Salah was denied in the 37th minute by Casillas, as the Giallorossi looked for a much-needed equaliser.
Two minutes later, captain Daniele De Rossi complicated things for the capital club by receiving a red card for a rash tackle on Maxi Pereira.
Roma started the second half in the worst possible way, losing defender Emerson to another straight red card, also for a poor challenge.
The deflated hosts then capitualed completely, conceding in the 72nd and 75th minutes as their qualification hopes evaporated.
The final whistle only confirmed what Luciano Spalletti’s men already knew: there would be no Champions League football at the Stadio Olimpico this season.
As a result, Roma have qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Europa League, with the draw taking place later this week.
Salah and his teammates will be back in league action at the weekend, as they travel to Cagliari aiming to maintain their spot at the top of the Serie A table.