Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Salah’s Roma capitulate at home to Porto, miss out on Champions League football
Roma needed a goalless draw or a win to progress to the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League group stage, after a 1-1 draw at the Estadio do Dragao on Wednesday.
Felipe silenced the home fans in the eighth minute, heading home from a set-piece delivery.
Salah was denied in the 37th minute by Casillas, as the Giallorossi looked for a much-needed equaliser.
Two minutes later, captain Daniele De Rossi complicated things for the capital club by receiving a red card for a rash tackle on Maxi Pereira.
Roma started the second half in the worst possible way, losing defender Emerson to another straight red card, also for a poor challenge.
The deflated hosts then capitualed completely, conceding in the 72nd and 75th minutes as their qualification hopes evaporated.
The final whistle only confirmed what Luciano Spalletti’s men already knew: there would be no Champions League football at the Stadio Olimpico this season.
As a result, Roma have qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Europa League, with the draw taking place later this week.
Salah and his teammates will be back in league action at the weekend, as they travel to Cagliari aiming to maintain their spot at the top of the Serie A table.