Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Wydad Casablanca top CAF Champions League Group A with draw, set up Zamalek semi-final
Wydad Casablanca and Zesco United had both qualified for the Champions League semi-finals after the former’s 2-1 win over ASEC Mimosas and the latter’s 2-2 draw away to Al Ahly, in the fifth round of group stage matches.
The Moroccans travelled to Zambia on Wednesday knowing that a draw would be enough to top the group, but matters were complicated when David Owino scored for the hosts just 16 minutes into the first half.
New Wydad signing Chison Chikatara came through for his side, however, and scored an equaliser early in the second interval as the Casablanca-based club held on to secure top spot.
Wydad will now face Group B runners-up Zamalek in the first of two semi-finals, with Zesco United matching up against South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns, who defeated Zamalek home and away to claim top spot in their group.
The first leg of the semi-final will be played in Egypt, in mid-September, with the return encounter set a week later at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.