Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Wydad Casablanca top CAF Champions League Group A with draw, set up Zamalek semi-final
Wydad Casablanca and Zesco United had both qualified for the Champions League semi-finals after the former’s 2-1 win over ASEC Mimosas and the latter’s 2-2 draw away to Al Ahly, in the fifth round of group stage matches.
The Moroccans travelled to Zambia on Wednesday knowing that a draw would be enough to top the group, but matters were complicated when David Owino scored for the hosts just 16 minutes into the first half.
New Wydad signing Chison Chikatara came through for his side, however, and scored an equaliser early in the second interval as the Casablanca-based club held on to secure top spot.
Wydad will now face Group B runners-up Zamalek in the first of two semi-finals, with Zesco United matching up against South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns, who defeated Zamalek home and away to claim top spot in their group.
The first leg of the semi-final will be played in Egypt, in mid-September, with the return encounter set a week later at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.