Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Wydad Casablanca top CAF Champions League Group A with draw, set up Zamalek semi-final
Wydad Casablanca and Zesco United had both qualified for the Champions League semi-finals after the former’s 2-1 win over ASEC Mimosas and the latter’s 2-2 draw away to Al Ahly, in the fifth round of group stage matches.
The Moroccans travelled to Zambia on Wednesday knowing that a draw would be enough to top the group, but matters were complicated when David Owino scored for the hosts just 16 minutes into the first half.
New Wydad signing Chison Chikatara came through for his side, however, and scored an equaliser early in the second interval as the Casablanca-based club held on to secure top spot.
Wydad will now face Group B runners-up Zamalek in the first of two semi-finals, with Zesco United matching up against South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns, who defeated Zamalek home and away to claim top spot in their group.
The first leg of the semi-final will be played in Egypt, in mid-September, with the return encounter set a week later at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.