Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Wydad Casablanca top CAF Champions League Group A with draw, set up Zamalek semi-final
Wydad Casablanca and Zesco United had both qualified for the Champions League semi-finals after the former’s 2-1 win over ASEC Mimosas and the latter’s 2-2 draw away to Al Ahly, in the fifth round of group stage matches.
The Moroccans travelled to Zambia on Wednesday knowing that a draw would be enough to top the group, but matters were complicated when David Owino scored for the hosts just 16 minutes into the first half.
New Wydad signing Chison Chikatara came through for his side, however, and scored an equaliser early in the second interval as the Casablanca-based club held on to secure top spot.
Wydad will now face Group B runners-up Zamalek in the first of two semi-finals, with Zesco United matching up against South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns, who defeated Zamalek home and away to claim top spot in their group.
The first leg of the semi-final will be played in Egypt, in mid-September, with the return encounter set a week later at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.