Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Yannick Zakri arrives in South Africa to complete Sundowns move
ASEC Mimosas star Yannick Zakri has arrived in South Africa ahead of completing his move to Mamelodi Sundowns.
Zamalek target Krahire Yannick Zakri is one step away from completing his move to South Africa’s Mamelodi Sundowns after arriving earlier on Wednesday.
KingFut confirmed yesterday that a deal was struck between Sundowns and ASEC over the transfer of the player to the club in the current transfer window but now the pace has picked up.
The player made use of his CAF Champions League match suspension and took the trip to South Africa to negotiate personal terms ahead of putting pen-to-paper.
KingFut understands the 25-year-old will be asking for wages in the region of $250,000 per season to complete his move to the club.
Zakri was long courted by Cairo giants Zamalek but their $200,000 bid officially fell through after Mamelodi Sundowns put in an unmatchable bid for the player, despite him having just one year left on his contract.
The forward has been in superb form in the Champions League this season, masterminding his side’s win against Al Ahly in Cairo while proving to be the bright spark for ASEC last gameweek against Wydad Casablanca with a sensational solo goal.