Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
El-Badry: I never escaped from Al Ahly, football system will be restructured
Newly appointed Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has denied escaping from Al Ahly to join Ahli Tripoli back in 2013, expaining that his decision was in accordance with an agreement with Al Ahly former board.
“[In 2013] There was a previous agreement with Al Ahly board to leave, it is not true that I left without notifying them,” El-Badry told Sada El Balad channel.
“I agreed with the current board to restructure the football system at the club. There will be additions and changes in the proceedings but not necessarily in the personnel. Season is now over for Al Ahly, there will be a recovery period before the start of the new season. We were supposed to have a pre-season training camp but lack of time prevented this from happening.”
The former Egypt Olympic team coach announced there will also be changes in the coaching and medical staff.
“Al Ahly have promising young players like Karim Nedved, Akram Tawfik and Ahmed Ramadan ‘Beckham’. We are also going to keep an eye on the youth team to provide the senior one with more players,” he added.