The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
El-Badry: I never escaped from Al Ahly, football system will be restructured
Newly appointed Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has denied escaping from Al Ahly to join Ahli Tripoli back in 2013, expaining that his decision was in accordance with an agreement with Al Ahly former board.
The 56-year-old coach has previously achieved the Egyptian Premier League, CAF Champions League and Egypt Super Cup.
“[In 2013] There was a previous agreement with Al Ahly board to leave, it is not true that I left without notifying them,” El-Badry told Sada El Balad channel.
“I agreed with the current board to restructure the football system at the club. There will be additions and changes in the proceedings but not necessarily in the personnel. Season is now over for Al Ahly, there will be a recovery period before the start of the new season. We were supposed to have a pre-season training camp but lack of time prevented this from happening.”
The former Egypt Olympic team coach announced there will also be changes in the coaching and medical staff.
“Al Ahly have promising young players like Karim Nedved, Akram Tawfik and Ahmed Ramadan ‘Beckham’. We are also going to keep an eye on the youth team to provide the senior one with more players,” he added.