Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
El-Badry: I never escaped from Al Ahly, football system will be restructured
Newly appointed Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has denied escaping from Al Ahly to join Ahli Tripoli back in 2013, expaining that his decision was in accordance with an agreement with Al Ahly former board.
The 56-year-old coach has previously achieved the Egyptian Premier League, CAF Champions League and Egypt Super Cup.
“[In 2013] There was a previous agreement with Al Ahly board to leave, it is not true that I left without notifying them,” El-Badry told Sada El Balad channel.
“I agreed with the current board to restructure the football system at the club. There will be additions and changes in the proceedings but not necessarily in the personnel. Season is now over for Al Ahly, there will be a recovery period before the start of the new season. We were supposed to have a pre-season training camp but lack of time prevented this from happening.”
The former Egypt Olympic team coach announced there will also be changes in the coaching and medical staff.
“Al Ahly have promising young players like Karim Nedved, Akram Tawfik and Ahmed Ramadan ‘Beckham’. We are also going to keep an eye on the youth team to provide the senior one with more players,” he added.