The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
El-Badry: I never escaped from Al Ahly, football system will be restructured
Newly appointed Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has denied escaping from Al Ahly to join Ahli Tripoli back in 2013, expaining that his decision was in accordance with an agreement with Al Ahly former board.
“[In 2013] There was a previous agreement with Al Ahly board to leave, it is not true that I left without notifying them,” El-Badry told Sada El Balad channel.
“I agreed with the current board to restructure the football system at the club. There will be additions and changes in the proceedings but not necessarily in the personnel. Season is now over for Al Ahly, there will be a recovery period before the start of the new season. We were supposed to have a pre-season training camp but lack of time prevented this from happening.”
The former Egypt Olympic team coach announced there will also be changes in the coaching and medical staff.
“Al Ahly have promising young players like Karim Nedved, Akram Tawfik and Ahmed Ramadan ‘Beckham’. We are also going to keep an eye on the youth team to provide the senior one with more players,” he added.