KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
El-Badry: I never escaped from Al Ahly, football system will be restructured
Newly appointed Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has denied escaping from Al Ahly to join Ahli Tripoli back in 2013, expaining that his decision was in accordance with an agreement with Al Ahly former board.
The 56-year-old coach has previously achieved the Egyptian Premier League, CAF Champions League and Egypt Super Cup.
“[In 2013] There was a previous agreement with Al Ahly board to leave, it is not true that I left without notifying them,” El-Badry told Sada El Balad channel.
“I agreed with the current board to restructure the football system at the club. There will be additions and changes in the proceedings but not necessarily in the personnel. Season is now over for Al Ahly, there will be a recovery period before the start of the new season. We were supposed to have a pre-season training camp but lack of time prevented this from happening.”
The former Egypt Olympic team coach announced there will also be changes in the coaching and medical staff.
“Al Ahly have promising young players like Karim Nedved, Akram Tawfik and Ahmed Ramadan ‘Beckham’. We are also going to keep an eye on the youth team to provide the senior one with more players,” he added.