Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Algerian Midfielder Nabil Bentaleb joins FC Schalke on loan
The 21-year old midfielder passed his medical examination successfully last Thursday and the deal was finalized over the past week. Bentaleb is set to don the Number 10 Jersery previously worn by current Wolfsburg midfielder Julian Draxler.
Bentaleb told Fc Schalke “I am really looking forward to this new challenge at Schalke and getting to know the fans. I first learned of Schalke’s interest six weeks ago and have been hoping since then that the transfer would be completed. Schalke 04 are a big club and their fans have a great reputation in England,”
“Visiting here in the last week has only confirmed my desire to join. I am very happy and I will work hard to help the team to achieve all their goals throughout the season.”
Bentaleb joined Tottenham academy team in 2012 from USL Dunkirk , after impressing in the academy and the reserves teams, Bentaleb was promoted in 2013 to feature in 45 top flight appearances for the Spurs. He also has 19 international caps to his name with Algeria, scoring three times.