Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
EXCLUSIVE | Mamelodi Sundowns plan raid on Zamalek target Clatous Chama
South African giants Mamelodi Sundowns plan to swoop in for Zesco United ace Clatous Chama.
Following his scintillating performances in the CAF Champions League this season, Chama has turned the heads of several South African clubs, most notably Mamelodi Sundowns.
Chama, 25, has four months left on his contract with the Zambian outfits, which makes him eligible to sign a pre-contract for any club at the moment.
After hijacking Yannick Zakri’s move to Zamalek, Mamelodi Sundowns will shift their focus to Chama after the Ivorian puts pen-to-paper with the club, KingFut can confirm.
KingFut understands Zamalek shifted their sights to Chama, who scored twice against Al Ahly a few weeks ago, after missing out on ASEC Mimosas ace Yannick Zakri to Sundowns.
With the transfer window set to be over in two weeks in Egypt as well as the club already having three foreign players in their squad, a move to South Africa would be more feasible for the Zambian international midfielder, who has two caps to his name.
KingFut can also confirm Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs have contacted the player’s representative to inquire about the possibility of a transfer.
Chama has three goals and one assist in eight CAF Champions League matches this season, helping Zesco oust Egyptian giants Al Ahly and Ivorians Asec Mimosas, to qualify to the semis second of their group behind Wydad Athletic Club of Morocco.
Luckily for Sundowns, they will get first row seats to watch Chama when they go head-to-head in the semis against Zesco United.