After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Mamelodi Sundowns sign Yannick Zakri from ASEC Mimosas
Ivorian side ASEC released an official statement on Facebook confirming the departure of the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international Yannick Zakri.
“Zakri Krahire Yannick transferred to Mamelodi Sundowns,” the statement read.
“Indeed, the two clubs that are working together for several years have reached the final transfer of player.
“ASEC Mimosas wish him good luck for the rest of his career,” the statement added.
It is worth mentioning that Egyptian giants Zamalek have reportedly approached Zakri, however, their $200,000 bid officially fell through after Mamelodi Sundowns put in an unmatchable bid for the player, despite him having just one year left on his contract.
Egyptian side Smouha as well submitted a bid for the player in the region of $150,000, which was rejected by the club.
The forward has been in superb form in the Champions League this season, masterminding his side’s win against Al Ahly in Cairo while proving to be the bright spark for ASEC last gameweek against Wydad Casablanca with a sensational solo goal.