Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Mamelodi Sundowns sign Yannick Zakri from ASEC Mimosas
Ivorian side ASEC released an official statement on Facebook confirming the departure of the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international Yannick Zakri.
“Zakri Krahire Yannick transferred to Mamelodi Sundowns,” the statement read.
“Indeed, the two clubs that are working together for several years have reached the final transfer of player.
“ASEC Mimosas wish him good luck for the rest of his career,” the statement added.
It is worth mentioning that Egyptian giants Zamalek have reportedly approached Zakri, however, their $200,000 bid officially fell through after Mamelodi Sundowns put in an unmatchable bid for the player, despite him having just one year left on his contract.
Egyptian side Smouha as well submitted a bid for the player in the region of $150,000, which was rejected by the club.
The forward has been in superb form in the Champions League this season, masterminding his side’s win against Al Ahly in Cairo while proving to be the bright spark for ASEC last gameweek against Wydad Casablanca with a sensational solo goal.