Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Mamelodi Sundowns sign Yannick Zakri from ASEC Mimosas
Ivorian side ASEC released an official statement on Facebook confirming the departure of the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international Yannick Zakri.
“Zakri Krahire Yannick transferred to Mamelodi Sundowns,” the statement read.
Sundowns are current semi-finalist of the CAF Champions League, while ASEC were knocked out of the group stage. The South African side will face Zambia’s Zesco United in the semi-final.
“Indeed, the two clubs that are working together for several years have reached the final transfer of player.
“ASEC Mimosas wish him good luck for the rest of his career,” the statement added.
It is worth mentioning that Egyptian giants Zamalek have reportedly approached Zakri, however, their $200,000 bid officially fell through after Mamelodi Sundowns put in an unmatchable bid for the player, despite him having just one year left on his contract.
Egyptian side Smouha as well submitted a bid for the player in the region of $150,000, which was rejected by the club.
The forward has been in superb form in the Champions League this season, masterminding his side’s win against Al Ahly in Cairo while proving to be the bright spark for ASEC last gameweek against Wydad Casablanca with a sensational solo goal.