Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Mamelodi Sundowns sign Yannick Zakri from ASEC Mimosas
Ivorian side ASEC released an official statement on Facebook confirming the departure of the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international Yannick Zakri.
“Zakri Krahire Yannick transferred to Mamelodi Sundowns,” the statement read.
“Indeed, the two clubs that are working together for several years have reached the final transfer of player.
“ASEC Mimosas wish him good luck for the rest of his career,” the statement added.
It is worth mentioning that Egyptian giants Zamalek have reportedly approached Zakri, however, their $200,000 bid officially fell through after Mamelodi Sundowns put in an unmatchable bid for the player, despite him having just one year left on his contract.
Egyptian side Smouha as well submitted a bid for the player in the region of $150,000, which was rejected by the club.
The forward has been in superb form in the Champions League this season, masterminding his side’s win against Al Ahly in Cairo while proving to be the bright spark for ASEC last gameweek against Wydad Casablanca with a sensational solo goal.