Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke City host Elmohamady’s Hull City in EFL Cup third round
The Premier League Egyptian pair will face off against each other in the third round of the EFL Cup on the 21st of September, whilst Elneny will face Nottingham Forest away on the same day.
This will be the first time Ramadan Sobhi and Ahmed Elmohamady have faced off in England following Sobhi’s €6 million move in the summer to Stoke City. Sobhi will be looking to gain some more minutes under his belt after coming on with 61 minutes to play against Stevenage in the second round of the EFL Cup.
Hull City will be looking to build on an impressive start to the season after three wins in a row against champions Leicester, Swansea and Exeter City. Elmohamady started in all three wins and captained his side to a 3-1 win away to Exeter City in the last round.
Elneny made way for new-signing Granit Xhaka in Arsenal’s last game away to Leicester City which ended in a 0-0 draw. The Egyptian will be hoping to start in Arsenal’s next game against Watford at Vicarage Road this weekend.
Hull and Stoke both have difficult upcoming games with Elmohamady set to face Manchester United and Sobhi coming up against Everton at Goodison Park.