KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Shimelis Bekele renews his contract with Petrojet
Ethiopia international Shimelis Bekele has penned a new deal that will see him with Egyptian outfits Petrojet for two more years.
The 26-year-old joined the Suez-based club at the beginning of the 2014-2015 season after having played for Al-Merrikh of Sudan and Ittihad Tripoli.
Since joining Petrojet, Bekele has impressed and was regarded by KingFut as one of those who deserve a European move; given his fine abilites and statistics.
Bekele scored six goals, including a hat-trick, last season in the Egyptian Premier League. Petrojet ended the season in 11th place with 46 points
The talented midfielder impressed in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and was included in Ethiopia’s squad that traveled to South Africa for the tournament.