Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Koka, Salah, Trezeguet learn UEFA Europa League group stage opponents
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ learned their UEFA Europa League group stage opponents on Friday afternoon, with both Egyptians’ clubs landing in relatively straightforward groups.
Mohamed Salah and his teammates were drawn into Group E, along with Viktoria Plzeň, Austria Wien and Astra Giurgiu.
The Belgian giants, on the other hand, were joined by Saint-Etienne, Mainz and Gabala SC in Group C.
This group could see an all Egyptian encounter if Austria Wien’s 18-year-old Egyptian Mohamed Bassiouny manages to break into the side.
Anderlecht, on the other hand, qualified after defeating Slavia Prague by three unanswered goals for the second time in eight days, with Trezeguet watching from the bench.
Meanwhile, Egypt striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ are set to face Ukraine giants FC Shakhtar Donetsk, KAA Gent of Belgium and Turkish outfits Konyaspor.
Koka’s side will be looking for revenge after they were eliminated by Shakhtar in last season’s UEFA Europa League quarter-finals after getting hammered 6-1 on aggregate.
The group stage will kick off on the 15th of September, and will run until the 8th of December.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) August 26, 2016