ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Koka, Salah, Trezeguet learn UEFA Europa League group stage opponents
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ learned their UEFA Europa League group stage opponents on Friday afternoon, with both Egyptians’ clubs landing in relatively straightforward groups.
Mohamed Salah and his teammates were drawn into Group E, along with Viktoria Plzeň, Austria Wien and Astra Giurgiu.
The Belgian giants, on the other hand, were joined by Saint-Etienne, Mainz and Gabala SC in Group C.
Roma were eliminated from the Champions League on Tuesday, after they fell to a 0-3 home loss to Porto on Tuesday.
This group could see an all Egyptian encounter if Austria Wien’s 18-year-old Egyptian Mohamed Bassiouny manages to break into the side.
Anderlecht, on the other hand, qualified after defeating Slavia Prague by three unanswered goals for the second time in eight days, with Trezeguet watching from the bench.
Meanwhile, Egypt striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ are set to face Ukraine giants FC Shakhtar Donetsk, KAA Gent of Belgium and Turkish outfits Konyaspor.
Koka’s side will be looking for revenge after they were eliminated by Shakhtar in last season’s UEFA Europa League quarter-finals after getting hammered 6-1 on aggregate.
The group stage will kick off on the 15th of September, and will run until the 8th of December.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) August 26, 2016