Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Koka, Salah, Trezeguet learn UEFA Europa League group stage opponents
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ learned their UEFA Europa League group stage opponents on Friday afternoon, with both Egyptians’ clubs landing in relatively straightforward groups.
Mohamed Salah and his teammates were drawn into Group E, along with Viktoria Plzeň, Austria Wien and Astra Giurgiu.
The Belgian giants, on the other hand, were joined by Saint-Etienne, Mainz and Gabala SC in Group C.
This group could see an all Egyptian encounter if Austria Wien’s 18-year-old Egyptian Mohamed Bassiouny manages to break into the side.
Anderlecht, on the other hand, qualified after defeating Slavia Prague by three unanswered goals for the second time in eight days, with Trezeguet watching from the bench.
Meanwhile, Egypt striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ are set to face Ukraine giants FC Shakhtar Donetsk, KAA Gent of Belgium and Turkish outfits Konyaspor.
Koka’s side will be looking for revenge after they were eliminated by Shakhtar in last season’s UEFA Europa League quarter-finals after getting hammered 6-1 on aggregate.
The group stage will kick off on the 15th of September, and will run until the 8th of December.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) August 26, 2016