The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Koka, Salah, Trezeguet learn UEFA Europa League group stage opponents
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed Salah and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ learned their UEFA Europa League group stage opponents on Friday afternoon, with both Egyptians’ clubs landing in relatively straightforward groups.
Mohamed Salah and his teammates were drawn into Group E, along with Viktoria Plzeň, Austria Wien and Astra Giurgiu.
The Belgian giants, on the other hand, were joined by Saint-Etienne, Mainz and Gabala SC in Group C.
Roma were eliminated from the Champions League on Tuesday, after they fell to a 0-3 home loss to Porto on Tuesday.
This group could see an all Egyptian encounter if Austria Wien’s 18-year-old Egyptian Mohamed Bassiouny manages to break into the side.
Anderlecht, on the other hand, qualified after defeating Slavia Prague by three unanswered goals for the second time in eight days, with Trezeguet watching from the bench.
Meanwhile, Egypt striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ are set to face Ukraine giants FC Shakhtar Donetsk, KAA Gent of Belgium and Turkish outfits Konyaspor.
Koka’s side will be looking for revenge after they were eliminated by Shakhtar in last season’s UEFA Europa League quarter-finals after getting hammered 6-1 on aggregate.
The group stage will kick off on the 15th of September, and will run until the 8th of December.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) August 26, 2016