Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
The Scout: Yet another talent overlooked by the Egyptian youth setup
The latest episode of The Scout tackles the story of a Dutch-Egyptian youngster rising through the ranks in European football, while being overlooked by the U17 Egypt national team.
The Scout, a new series that focuses on Egyptians plying their trade overseas, has already covered SC Braga’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Wigan Athletic’s Sam Morsy, FK Bodø/Glimt’s Alexander Jakobsen and AS Roma’s Mohamed Salah, among others.
Lazio recently finalized a transfer for a versatile footballer aged just 16 years old who, while eligible to represent Egypt at the international level, has been dismissed by officials and technical staff alike. Will Egypt realise their mistake, or will yet another talent defect to a European team?
This episode’s ‘blast from the past’ features none other than the legendary Ahmed Hassan, who enjoyed a long career in Europe before returning to Egypt for his final few seasons as a player.