Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
The Scout: Yet another talent overlooked by the Egyptian youth setup
The Scout, a new series that focuses on Egyptians plying their trade overseas, has already covered SC Braga’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Wigan Athletic’s Sam Morsy, FK Bodø/Glimt’s Alexander Jakobsen and AS Roma’s Mohamed Salah, among others.
Lazio recently finalized a transfer for a versatile footballer aged just 16 years old who, while eligible to represent Egypt at the international level, has been dismissed by officials and technical staff alike. Will Egypt realise their mistake, or will yet another talent defect to a European team?
This episode’s ‘blast from the past’ features none other than the legendary Ahmed Hassan, who enjoyed a long career in Europe before returning to Egypt for his final few seasons as a player.