Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Wenger: Basel’s good scouting manifested in Salah and Elneny
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has shed a light on the reasons for FC Basel, his Champions League group rivals, successes in the past few years, citing their scouting system as one of them.
Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal were drawn with Omar Gaber’s Basel in Champions League Group A along with Ligue champions PSG and Bulgarian side PFC Ludogorets.
“I believe [Basel’s successes] is a mixture of them being the dominant team in Switzerland, so they do what they want in their own country, and also they have good coaches in Switzerland too,” Wenger said in a press conference.
“They have a good youth development system, and Basel especially have done some good scouting. They discovered Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Elneny, players from Egypt who maybe the English clubs don’t watch too much. They’ve been scouted in countries where there’s less competitive edge maybe compared to big leagues,” he added.