Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Wenger: Basel’s good scouting manifested in Salah and Elneny
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has shed a light on the reasons for FC Basel, his Champions League group rivals, successes in the past few years, citing their scouting system as one of them.
Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal were drawn with Omar Gaber’s Basel in Champions League Group A along with Ligue champions PSG and Bulgarian side PFC Ludogorets.
“I believe [Basel’s successes] is a mixture of them being the dominant team in Switzerland, so they do what they want in their own country, and also they have good coaches in Switzerland too,” Wenger said in a press conference.
“They have a good youth development system, and Basel especially have done some good scouting. They discovered Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Elneny, players from Egypt who maybe the English clubs don’t watch too much. They’ve been scouted in countries where there’s less competitive edge maybe compared to big leagues,” he added.