Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
El-Badry: Team choices will be based on effort
Hossam El-Badry has announced his full coaching staff as he was officially presented as new Al Ahly manager on Saturday morning.
El-Badry was named as Al Ahly head coach last week following the departure of former coach Martin Jol after losing Egypt Cup final against arch rivals Zamalek and failing to reach CAF Champions League semifinals.
The 56-year-old coach also affirmed the presence of former Egypt and Al Ahly left back Sayed Moawad in the coaching staff, keeping Sayed Abdel-Hafiz and Tarek Soliman in their posts as director of fooball and goalkeepers trainer, respectively. The coaching staff has also seen the return of assistant coach Ahmed Ayoub, who had an unsuccessful period with recently relegated side Haras El Hodood.
“I previously worked with the new coaching staff. I have chosen people [in the coaching staff] who have the traits and personality of Al Ahly, that’s why I have chosen Ahmed Ayoub and Sayed Moawad,” El-Badry said in the press conference.
“We will bring in an athletic trainer, but he won’t be a foreign one, since we are not bringing in a translater for him.”
“I don’t ask from the players more than giving their all, no difference between a youngster and an old player, the main condition for playing is the effort. The current group of players can win Al Ahly more titles and satisfy the fans’ ambitions but it is not excluded for any player to leave on loan in the coming period.”
“We have a strong defensive line. I know that everybody speak about defensive problems in the team but these players achieved many titles with the club. I will work on strengthening the team as a whole not the defense only,” he concluded.