Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
El-Badry: Team choices will be based on effort
Hossam El-Badry has announced his full coaching staff as he was officially presented as new Al Ahly manager on Saturday morning.
El-Badry was named as Al Ahly head coach last week following the departure of former coach Martin Jol after losing Egypt Cup final against arch rivals Zamalek and failing to reach CAF Champions League semifinals.
The 56-year-old coach also affirmed the presence of former Egypt and Al Ahly left back Sayed Moawad in the coaching staff, keeping Sayed Abdel-Hafiz and Tarek Soliman in their posts as director of fooball and goalkeepers trainer, respectively. The coaching staff has also seen the return of assistant coach Ahmed Ayoub, who had an unsuccessful period with recently relegated side Haras El Hodood.
“I previously worked with the new coaching staff. I have chosen people [in the coaching staff] who have the traits and personality of Al Ahly, that’s why I have chosen Ahmed Ayoub and Sayed Moawad,” El-Badry said in the press conference.
“We will bring in an athletic trainer, but he won’t be a foreign one, since we are not bringing in a translater for him.”
“I don’t ask from the players more than giving their all, no difference between a youngster and an old player, the main condition for playing is the effort. The current group of players can win Al Ahly more titles and satisfy the fans’ ambitions but it is not excluded for any player to leave on loan in the coming period.”
“We have a strong defensive line. I know that everybody speak about defensive problems in the team but these players achieved many titles with the club. I will work on strengthening the team as a whole not the defense only,” he concluded.