Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour defended coach Momen Soliman following the White Castle’s...
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
Egyptians dominate Hong Kong Open quarter-finals
Egyptians dominate the Hong Kong Squash Open quarter-finals as there are four Egyptians in the men and women’s semi-finals of the tournament.
There could be an all Egyptian men and women final as Ramy Ashour, Karim Abdel Gawad, Nour El Sherbini and Nouran Gohar are all in the semi-final and could face each other if they respectively win their matches.
Ramy Ashour defeated Bundesliga teammate Simon Rösner 3-1 in 51 minutes to face Chinese Max Lee who, yet again, surprised the crowd after beating another Egyptian, Fares Dessouky 3-1 in 64 minutes.
Karim Abdel Gawad avenged compatriot and world number one, Mohamed El Shorbagy, as he defeated Australian Cameron Pilley 3-1 in 52 minutes. It is worth mentioning that Pilley had defeated Shorbagy in the second round of tournament.
In the women’s tournament world champion, Nour El Sherbini, breezed through fellow Egyptian Omneya Abdel Kawy as she beat her 3-0 in only 20 minutes. Sherbini will face American-Egyptian Amanda Sobhy who defeated Egyptian, Nour El Tayeb in the quarter-final.
Egyptian prodigy Nouran Gohar defeated world number 2 in yet another surprise in this exhilarating tournament. It took the 19-year old 80 long minutes, the longest game of the round, to beat the world series finals champion 3-2.
Gohar is set to face 33-year old, Malaysian and former world number one, Nicol David in the semi-final.